Discuss Notifiable works. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My idea is to play the schemes at their own game, we'd appoint one person to act as "national QS" if you like. They'd notify each job through their registration, this would A keep everyone (sort of) legal and B protect the homeowner.
Yes Stroma still exists, they're no better or worse than the others

Your still feeding a leech doing that thought Trev.

Also who would want the responsibility of several hundred sparks work on their head? Especially after the recent case of that EICR that was done, where later sadly a young mother lost her life due to a screw I'm a cable that wasn't noticed? I know that's not a installation issue but the same thing could still happen?

Ok, that sounds like a good plan, almost creating a scheme within a scheme.

Is it possible to form a new company specifically to hold the registration? Then we could all have access to the one registration process or else someone will end up sitting at a PC registering jobs 24hrs a day.

Starting out own scheme would certainly be a option, but I imagine it would need some serious financial backing, I know think someone who is else where on the WWW said a whole ago they looked into it. Could be worth contacting them to see what they managed to find out.

Starting out own scheme would certainly be a option, but I imagine it would need some serious financial backing, I know think someone who is else where on the WWW said a whole ago they looked into it. Could be worth contacting them to see what they managed to find out.

Jeeze dill you been on the booze mate ????

To start a new scheme I think it would need the consent of the DCLG - and I think the current "crop" of businesses all had to apply in the same way

It already exists....BSI

Your still feeding a leech doing that thought Trev.

Also who would want the responsibility of several hundred sparks work on their head? Especially after the recent case of that EICR that was done, where later sadly a young mother lost her life due to a screw I'm a cable that wasn't noticed? I know that's not a installation issue but the same thing could still happen?
Yeah the leech is still being fed but it's being fed a lot less than it is now mate. I thought about the Emma Shaw case and that's the drawback, one which I can't at present think of a way round.

I looked into it a while back, the process is quite complicated and as has been said, needs the permission of DCLG and they only open up for new applicant scheme operators once in a blue moon

I looked into it a while back, the process is quite complicated and as has been said, needs the permission of DCLG and they only open up for new applicant scheme operators once in a blue moon

If you gather the evidence along with enough electricians backing your safety concerns for work covered by existing organisations, as well as a plan for a new organisation, would they allow an application then do you think?

But if the info is available to start one then surely at least getting the wheels rolling showing the other scams that people are taking it seriously and doing it not for profit will maybe wake them up an kick them up the backside

If you gather the evidence along with enough electricians backing your safety concerns for work covered by existing organisations, as well as a plan for a new organisation, would they allow an application then do you think?

But if the info is available to start one then surely at least getting the wheels rolling showing the other scams that people are taking it seriously and doing it not for profit will maybe wake them up an kick them up the backside
Both great points. Let me think about them overnight lads.

the only thing that will wake up the scams Dillon is to throw them down the well...

Trevor, don't blame you but what the hell can you all do about it.? !!!
Without the lifeblood of the almighty £ all businesses fail mate. Losses will kill a business slowly like a long term debilitating illness, bad cash flow will kill them quickly.
Without the leeches the trade can be put back in our hands. As I've said many times, the situation we have presently exists because we have allowed it to

Without the lifeblood of the almighty £ all businesses fail mate. Losses will kill a business slowly like a long term debilitating illness, bad cash flow will kill them quickly.
Without the leeches the trade can be put back in our hands. As I've said many times, the situation we have presently exists because we have allowed it to

Am I right in saying this all come about because some mp's relation got killed in 2004 ish ( part p etc)was born, it was an done deal passed through parliament how could you stop that.? That's only my take on it, or have I got this wrong.

Am I right in saying this all come about because some mp's relation got killed in 2004 ish ( part p etc)was born, it was an done deal passed through parliament how could you stop that.? That's only my take on it, or have I got this wrong.

Part P is here to stay, I make no mistake about that. The best anyone can hope for is some sort of amendment to it. What I, and many others, object to is the way the trade is being steered by the very organisations that were supposed to be upholding standards.
It's them we want rid of and there's only one way to do that and that is to drive them out of business.

Reply to Notifiable works. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net