Discuss Old Stanley tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thought I was the bees knees when I bought a Yankee screwdriver

Good evening M,
Yankee ratchet drivers are the work of the devil,anybody ever get there hand trapped by one OUCH

Best shave you can have a straight razor
i dont have many, cant beat the shave though. a DE/SE razor can get close

3d9c2bee15b4f69eb07e60c2e50bac27.jpg

And who has drilled holes using a rawplug tool not just one hole but many

I have, thousands of them!
The worst thing about them was snapping the bit off in the centre hole so you'd have to mark and drill the two side ones. I soon learned to fix boxes in with a bit of bonding scrounged from the spread.

Your supposed to hold them by the handle gmes so they don't catch your hand

I bet if people are honest most of the guys on here have done the same they were lethal, but at the same time a very useful tool

my first job was putting up about 120m of 4" steel trunking around a factory wall, dropped off in the morning with my bait bag, a screw driver, a lump hammer and a tap & turn (trunking & fixings already on site)
these boys with their battery powered everythings don't know they are born!!!

my first job was putting up about 120m of 4" steel trunking around a factory wall, dropped off in the morning with my bait bag, a screw driver, a lump hammer and a tap & turn (trunking & fixings already on site)
these boys with their battery powered everythings don't know they are born!!!
im sure you had to make your bends as well, ive never made trunking bends ive made plenty of tray bends,sets etc though.

i try to make it out of one piece if i can even of its more difficult just for ****s and giggles

first screwdriver I owned was an all metal mecarno screwdriver god thats a few years back. Tried the stanley yankie screwdriver but couldent get on with it so give up.
Used the knock and twists loads of times in fact still got a few in the shed.
never used one but anyone remember the folding ruler my grandad had one.

think the steel tape was one of the best inventions

and if you want to travel down memory lane theres loads of vintage tools here

Vintage Tools and Gadgets of the 1950s (Page 2)

just select the years you want

im sure you had to make your bends as well, ive never made trunking bends ive made plenty of tray bends,sets etc though.

i try to make it out of one piece if i can even of its more difficult just for ****s and giggles

I need a 4 1/2" grinder to make trunking bends, the hacksaw bends just lool a bit rough

Reply to Old Stanley tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net