Discuss oven and hub switch optional? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ha, ha, again. Yes.

You know, we never had this sort of confusion in the "old days" when we measured things in Yards, Feet and Inches.

We would say something like: "Put it six feet along from the meter" and everyone would know what we were on about.

Nowadays, we're all expected to embrace these cillimetre things and we get things like: "Put it two meters along from the meter." or "Put it two metres along from the metre." when what is really meant is: "Put it two metres along from the meter." Confusing innit?

Things really were much easier - and better - in the old days. :)

You know, we never had this sort of confusion in the "old days" when we measured things in Yards, Feet and Inches.

We would say something like: "Put it six feet along from the meter" and everyone would know what we were on about.

Nowadays, we're all expected to embrace these cillimetre things and we get things like: "Put it two meters along from the meter." or "Put it two metres along from the metre." when what is really meant is: "Put it two metres along from the meter." Confusing innit?

And you would go back to pounds, shillings and pence? I wouldn't

And you would go back to pounds, shillings and pence? I wouldn't

Actually, yes I think I would.

Changing from Sterling to Decimal was the start of galloping inflation. I remember being able to by a bar of chocolate for sixpence (or 2 and a half pence "new money") the week before decimalisation, and within a few weeks afterwards the same bar of chocolate cost 5p - that's double the price.

Changing from Sterling to Decimal was the start of galloping inflation. I remember being able to by a bar of chocolate for sixpence (or 2 and a half pence "new money") the week before decimalisation, and within a few weeks afterwards the same bar of chocolate cost 5p - that's double the price.

You need to get out more. lol

That said, the French still show the "Franc" price on most super market shelves.

You need to get out more. lol

That said, the French still show the "Franc" price on most super market shelves.

Tell me about it!!

Unfortunately, my Toyota MR2 MK2 with the 3 litre V6 is still knackered, so I've had my wings clipped a bit ...... :(

Got a nice Celica convertible with 4 wheel steering to play with though, but the weather isn't too clever & its hood leaks a bit ........ :driving:

Shame, you can only just afford your Steradent now Geordie, remember when they were 20p? :cool3:

Tell me about it!!

Unfortunately, my Toyota MR2 MK2 with the 3 litre V6 is still knackered, so I've had my wings clipped a bit ...... :(

Got a nice Celica convertible with 4 wheel steering to play with though, but the weather isn't too clever & its hood leaks a bit ........ :driving:

I though you were all "real men" up in the North, they are Girly hairdresser cars FFS!! :19:

We've still got the drinking sorted though :26:

I see the Tourette's treatment course is working well. :)
well...i`m f%&*$£g just about getting there....s%$t f%&K....

god...did i just say that....pardon me...will you please, please accept my most sincere apologies

Attachments

• imagesCA6A04QH.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 36

Reply to oven and hub switch optional? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net