Discuss Overhead supply cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BillyH

Whats the best way to fix an overhead concentric to the building its supplying? The property in question has had an extension built on the side and the builder has left the cable hanging unsupported.

Have a look at the OSG about Cantenary wires for starters.

edit...

slow again & I spelt it wrong as well, haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ring the DNO, they will come and refix THIER concentric supply cable back to the wall and charge of course.
It would have had a galv steel bracket with a ceramic insulator on it.

Well, we have loads of posts on here asking for answers and we have to weigh up what advice we give based on the competency/qualifications of the person asking. Tell us what your thoughts are and we can all discuss it. If you look at my posts, you will find that I have offered many "useful" comments.

Edit... Actually, don't bother.

Reply to Overhead supply cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Might be a silly question, but can a tt supply come into a property via underground . This property in question, has no overhead cables...
Replies
Views
My mate has family in Southern Ireland and he has been over there a couple of times this year helping them renovate a property. He has been...
Replies
Views
I'd appreciate the wisdom of the find minds here regarding this job. Yes, I've drifted into Wales again.... An extension is being planned as...
Replies
Views
This question has probably been asked several time but things change. The house I'm living in now was built in the 1960's and has a ring main...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock