Discuss Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I didn't think a standard JB was allowed to be used floating because of the lack of strain relief? Though there must be millions of joint boxes installed that way around the country.
I get that but once the fitting is in the ceiling what strain is being put on the cables. What strain relief does a standard ceiling pendant offer that the jb in my pic doesnt?

That's a good point! I'm sure many of the regulations are trying to create solutions for problems that don't exist. I'll let you off anyway, LSF is never fun to terminate.

A little method I use sometimes for additional sockets fed from an existing RFC, A 16A MCB rather than 13amp FCU. Also in the enclosure is a 32a DP switch which is the last of a little stock I had, handy bit of kit. Yes the enclosure is insulated and not metal :eek: but I really don't have an issue with that in this instance. This one was fitted by my son, he's doing well. [No CPC sleeving on show for Westward 10 to get excited about this time:D].
IMG_2153.JPG

A little method I use sometimes for additional sockets fed from an existing RFC, A 16A MCB rather than 13amp FCU. Also in the enclosure is a 32a DP switch which is the last of a little stock I had, handy bit of kit. Yes the enclosure is insulated and not metal :eek: but I really don't have an issue with that in this instance. This one was fitted by my son, he's doing well. [No CPC sleeving on show for Westward 10 to get excited about this time:D].View attachment 38122
is Chint Charles a new manufacturer? is he relalted to Chint Eastwood?

Ended up re-terminating a DB after working on all but one of the circuits, made testing much easier. None of the neutrals or CPCs were in the correct terminals and most terminals were inaccessible as the cables went all over the place. I wish C50 boards were still made. The RCBOs all had really fast tripping times too.
upload_2017-9-5_22-46-28.jpeg

The photo is a bit blurry, I must have been shaking with excitement.

Ended up re-terminating a DB after working on all but one of the circuits, made testing much easier. None of the neutrals or CPCs were in the correct terminals and most terminals were inaccessible as the cables went all over the place. I wish C50 boards were still made. The RCBOs all had really fast tripping times too.
View attachment 38128
The photo is a bit blurry, I must have been shaking with excitement.

Neat. here's a simple job of mine; an extension of circuits to new CU:

:

GEDC0282.JPG

@Daniel Masterton That Earth bar with the CPcs and the functional earths from the RCBOs look absolutely sweet. I'm gonna copy that and I thank you. I extended the earth bar last Wylex I did BUT since then I have purchased a bootlaces ferrule crimper and a box of ferrules. I might remember to post a picture, I might not!

@Daniel Masterton That Earth bar with the CPcs and the functional earths from the RCBOs look absolutely sweet. I'm gonna copy that and I thank you. I extended the earth bar last Wylex I did BUT since then I have purchased a bootlaces ferrule crimper and a box of ferrules. I might remember to post a picture, I might not!
alzeimers at your age?

Reply to Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net