Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Push fit or lever wagos ? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stress head

Hi just gonna order some wagos for the first time.
Which is best to use the push fit or lever type connecters ?
I'm mainly gonna use them for loop in/out lighting so only need one cable to light fitting.

Cheers

Firstly I liked the cage clamps, seemed more solid and be easier to get out BUT I now perfer the push fit. You can see the copper locked in, its less fiddly than getting the clamps up. Only use cage clamps now for stranded.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
David

Hi just gonna order some wagos for the first time.
Which is best to use the push fit or lever type connecters ?
I'm mainly gonna use them for loop in/out lighting so only need one cable to light fitting.

Cheers

don`t be just taking one cable to the fitting. you will loose the industry thousands over the years :D take as many as you can down and it will keep the call outs up :D:D

Wagos, push fit,lever,this is out of my depth :eek:

The only push fit contraptions that I have reluctantly ever needed to fit, are those sealed bathroom fitttings like a bulkhead that for scale of economy has no screws, only these crappy push the bare wire into it things

If wagos are based on that type of concept then I will not be educating myself as to their use or availability
The concept of steady preasure push fit connections fills me with nothing less than complete suspicion, but more with "no way in this world" can such a flimsy connection be adequate

Wagos, push fit,lever,this is out of my depth :eek:

The only push fit contraptions that I have reluctantly ever needed to fit, are those sealed bathroom fitttings like a bulkhead that for scale of economy has no screws, only these crappy push the bare wire into it things

If wagos are based on that type of concept then I will not be educating myself as to their use or availability
The concept of steady preasure push fit connections fills me with nothing less than complete suspicion, but more with "no way in this world" can such a flimsy connection be adequate

no mate a lot better than those :) i know the ones you mean though. i once had a load of wall lights with rubbish connections on them. drove me nuts fitting them

Des im asuming youve never tried them then , i just love wagos for get your terminal block ,BAE systems have tested them at 16 G i think it was terminal blocks desintegrated but the wagos were in one piece if they are good enough for BAE its good enough for me , like you i was very unsure about them till i tried them and wow talk about time saving ,ive just done a CDU relocation used wago push fit din rail mounted , to join the cables what a differance very quick and look neat to so des give them a try mate

and wow talk about time saving ,ive just done a CDU relocation used wago push fit din rail mounted , to join the cables what a differance very quick and look neat to so des give them a try mate

Hi Nick, you got a photo of that, be interested to see it if you have (Have seen the glossy pic on the website). I'm going to do something similar but thought the wago connectors and enclosure were a bit pricey so was going to make up my own DIN rail box and use the connectors screwfix sell. Cheers.

Hi Nick, you got a photo of that, be interested to see it if you have (Have seen the glossy pic on the website). I'm going to do something similar but thought the wago connectors and enclosure were a bit pricey so was going to make up my own DIN rail box and use the connectors screwfix sell. Cheers.

not got one of it im afraid well not at the mo , im going back there next week so ill try and get one for you , they are a bit pricey especially the green and yellow ones so ive used blue and the gray ones and ill be honest i did it in half the time of using normal din connectors as theres no screws just push them on and move to the next very very good so saying the money in the time it takes to install

not got one of it im afraid well not at the mo , im going back there next week so ill try and get one for you , they are a bit pricey especially the green and yellow ones so ive used blue and the gray ones and ill be honest i did it in half the time of using normal din connectors as theres no screws just push them on and move to the next very very good so saying the money in the time it takes to install

i get mine for about 70p each from the electric ctr and they seem as good as the wago ones. if you want a couple of samples let me know and i will order some in

Doing it for myself and time is one thing i have plenty of so price is a bit more important to me - as long as the quality is ok. Probs going to use these(Electrifix) at about 44p each - slower but should do the job well enough. What did you think of the Wago enclosure - space and access wise for cables?

i get mine for about 70p each from the electric ctr and they seem as good as the wago ones. if you want a couple of samples let me know and i will order some in

that would be great phil always looking for new things to try but let me know the cost and ill send you some money mate

Doing it for myself and time is one thing i have plenty of so price is a bit more important to me - as long as the quality is ok. Probs going to use these(Electrifix) at about 44p each - slower but should do the job well enough. What did you think of the Wago enclosure - space and access wise for cables?

they are quite spacey but i have to admit i tend to use adaptable boxes and cut the holes to suit the amount of cables im installing and the use an armoured cleet to secure them , im sure ive used some of the electrofix ones and they were quite good but it was a while ago

they are quite spacey but i have to admit i tend to use adaptable boxes and cut the holes to suit the amount of cables im installing and the use an armoured cleet to secure them , im sure ive used some of the electrofix ones and they were quite good but it was a while ago

Yep that is what i am going to do - have found a plexo box that easily takes a DIN rail in preformed holes in it. :)

What are peoples feelings regarding using wago's for lighting without an enclosure?

they do need an enclosure , pvc pvc cables are double insulated outer insulation then the inner insulation covering the copper his insulation is required so you have to install them in an enclosure which has strain relief hence your 17th edition junction boxes

I buy direct from Wago and get 8 packs of enclosures (then P&P free). They are made for the job and slip easilly through downlighter holes. Its all click fit and the cable clamp is integral. As for the din rails clamps, I have used IMO adaptable boxes in the past, plenty of room inside (depth wise).

dont forget though, for people who havent used the din rail terminals before, that you need to blank the live side off, after the last terminal, and that the g/y ones bond to the rail, so when your testing, you will have to disconnect the earths from them, otherwise you will be measuring all the cpcs, and earths connected via these terminals
when ive used these remotely from the CU, i dont bother with the g/y terminals for that reason.

I only ever seem to use the lever type, I only use the one size of push fit Wago the one that excepts 6mm as the levers don't go that large

The helacon pushfit connectors are very good as well, in my humble opinion just as good as wago, but a bit cheaper. i have fit hundreds and none have failed yet. There is a difference though, Wagos are reusable, but helacon have to be cut off, so you can only use them once.

I love the wago's when i am testing, make life very easy.

Cheers........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
The helacon pushfit connectors are very good as well, in my humble opinion just as good as wago, but a bit cheaper. i have fit hundreds and none have failed yet. There is a difference though, Wagos are reusable, but helacon have to be cut off, so you can only use them once.

I love the wago's when i am testing, make life very easy.

Cheers........Howard

Have to agree, Helacon are very good. They can be released, the little pic on the box shows you how, but what a pain. The money your saving is wasted trying to wiggle them out. Easier to cut them off.

Just my 2p's worth

Dave

It depends what you're using them for, the push fit ones I think are only rated to 20 amps or so, and the lever type 32amps. I know it wasn't written in any of the paper work that came with my order, I had to go looking.

Well if im not mistaken the push fit are rated at 24 amps as you have stated the levers are 32 amps and the nice chunky push fits for 6mm cable are 41 amps used them a few times ,was going to send a pic in of the wago's installed on a din rail i did a while ago but not been back yet i will though , one use i do have for the lever wagos is the 2 way ones is the R1R2 tests great to have a couple in the test kit

Nick

Reply to Push fit or lever wagos ? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net