Discuss Quoting for works - How do I challenge NIC/EIC stipulated on requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I personally think they should get rid of all these other schemes and have one and thats it, like gas safe

then ratchet up the minimum entry requirements to approved contractor status only, no defined scope or domestic only installer

no 5 week courses, the JIB root of recognised competancy of approved electrician a minimum for any QS application

any unsupervised employees working, qualified to jib electrician grade minimum!

your either an electrician or your not, simple!

every one working on the same level playing field, the route to being qualified in black and white

that way its not loads of schemes having to lower standards to the bare minimum to compete with each other

when it was just the one NIC approved scheme they were something to be proud of attaining

maybe not perfect but a damn sight better than the joke situation we find ourselves in today

Last edited:
Have NAPITtake it up for you, insist they write to the person involved, dont let them fob you off, its what we pay them for,even if it does not go your way at least you got something for your £500 quid even of its only them getting off there backsides

I thought about this very situation a while back and for the life of me I can't see why NAPIT don't try and take a few councils to court. The "may" have a case regarding open tendering for public funded contracts.......they certainly wont get anywhere unless they try....court cases could bring publicity to them too.

Reply to Quoting for works - How do I challenge NIC/EIC stipulated on requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net