Discuss Reinstating / making good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thought smuggling phones and drugs in to prison in "that" cavity would be more profitable then polyfilla.......

How big has your bum got to be to do that...... What next... an Ipad???

Watched a TV program there a bloke went to hospital with an old TV value stuck up there..... Apparently he said he was fixing the TV and sat down on it....

always did wonder where that missing PL509 went.

s-l300.jpg

Watched a TV program there a bloke went to hospital with an old TV value stuck up there..... Apparently he said he was fixing the TV and sat down on it....
I worked with a guy who decide to drill one of those square office fittings on his lap the drill slipped and he damaged his John Thomas.......

I don't believe that you lot are that pedantic regarding switch and socket screws for one moment which position do you screw them to?
I do insist on them, for a couple of reasons other than it just looking better. Horizontal rather than vertical FWIW.
1) Only make them horizontal when levelling them. This way we know what's been levelled.
2) In the event of a call back, I know if the plates have been removed as no one else will have bothered to keep them horizontal.

School mate's Dad was a Coroner and told us kids of a pepper grinder removed post mortem. It was inscribed "A present from Derek". A generous bloke that Derek.

Thanks all, here's a pic that's a good example of how the finishing looks of the rough bonding plaster. Chasing and box surroundings are all similar to that level of finish.

If you include make good, what would you do regarding the holes left by old back-boxes? That is, where you move sockets (e.g. bringing up to 450mm from floor), would you remove the old back box and fill the hole with plaster, or does that not come under making good? Technically nothing damaged there so I can see that it wouldn't be covered.
View attachment 40505
To be perfectly honest with you, you could quite easily finish that off yourself. Just smooth it down and a drill and sand paper and then plaster you buy already mixed and "Voila" you have a nice finished wall.

I think it comes down to definition of decorating....
Some think decorating is just painting, but to be fair a decent dec will always fill, sand and prep etc.
If he'd said he'd leave walls ready for painting its obviously not good enough...but a decorator wouldnt take long to scrape back and run over with some filler.

Reply to Reinstating / making good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net