Discuss Requires in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

I ain't avin it!

Was speaking to someone in wholesales who reckons him another spark and mate have been rewiring and second fixing in an 8 hour day!

Thats either bravado or it's going to be poor poor quality and against the regs

*bloody iPhone put requires instead if rewires

Last edited by a moderator:
I ain't avin it!

Was speaking to someone in wholesales who reckons him another spark and mate have been requiring and second fixing in an 8 hour day!

Thats either bravado or it's going to be poor poor quality and against the regs
not really it may be a 1 room bedsit lol.

It can be done, I have completed a full rewire on a three bed house in a day. All applicable regs met, all old wiring removed, and new wiring installed.

Fair enough it was a doll's house, still means I can bull.... at the wholesalers though.

ive never in my life seen 1st and second fix in a day, what about all the other trades that come between? plasterers, tilers, decorators? is this bloody 60 minute makeover?

ive never in my life seen 1st and second fix in a day, what about all the other trades that come between? plasterers, tilers, decorators? is this bloody 60 minute makeover?

On decent homes work they rip out the kitchen and bathroom on day one, then you rewire on day two, then they come back to fit new kitchen, bathroom and tile.
Theres nothing holding you up (except the furniture :Mr-T: )

Might as well put and end to the thread because it CAN be done, councils have 4 sockets to a bedroom/living room etc and they are chased

Ive spent time working for a company in the past, checking if everything was ok on these as the councils clerk of works are really on the ball

It seems like a lot because it it, but it 100% CAN be done, worked with lads who did them day after day site after site, dont forget once u get onto a street they learn the wiring routes etc..

As said in the other thread i did a one day rewire a couple of weeks back, me and another spark and a labourer lifting boards, plastering up etc..
because i dont do them everyday it took us until 7pm, still ended up with a nice neat clean job

People dont want to beleve it because they couldnt do it themselves, in all honestly its just graft all day long, worth it though for the payout

People dont want to beleve it because they couldnt do it themselves, in all honestly its just graft all day long, worth it though for the payout

not at the rates mad_footie_lad is offering!!
Someones making a packet on the back of someone elses hard graft. Frankly I think a ton a day (what looks like a 12hr day too) for an electrician is taking the pi$$ for this.

Today I visited a jewellers in Leics City Centre to fix some display lighting. I then drove back home to Lutterworth and had lunch in front of the telly. This afternoon I fitted a replacement oven element and connected up a new boiler, both less than 1/4 mile from my house.

That's what I call a rather light day and I made £140. So although I'd love to take part in one of these one day rewires for the learning and to find out just how they're done, if anyone thinks I'm slogging my guts out for 12 hours for a ton they can think again. Especially when some fat cat somewhere is Lording it on my graft.

On decent homes work they rip out the kitchen and bathroom on day one, then you rewire on day two, then they come back to fit new kitchen, bathroom and tile.
Theres nothing holding you up (except the furniture :Mr-T: )
try working with fat john...this joiner we do work for sometimes....then come in here saying theres nothing that can hold you up.....honestly, theres more life in a tramps vest...lol...

Last edited:
I've done rewires in a day too when I was subbing for Mears, didn't enjoy the job at all. Those guys were dog rough but obviously some do them to a high quality

Yes carpet and furniture, move it all to middle of room and work around it

Sedgy it would be nice to have one every weekend, however they dont come around like that

I took £850, other spark took over £500 And labourer just over £130, rest of cash went on materials

Couldof spent days doing it, but the more the days the less the profit

I did it once, two storey council terraced, 4 man crew. not pretty. The look on their faces when I got my tape and level out to fit a socket! did not get asked back, happily

Ive worked on some where theyve been done in a day, and been embarrassed by the state of it at the end! A perfectly safe job but shocking quality like people say they run cable with almost anything and the board looks like a birdsnest etc lol if your doing coucil work thyre dead easy once you know the runs

Don't forget council rewires are two sockets per room, one pendant, all fitted in minitrunking.

Perfectly doable in a day with 2/3 men.

Dont know who your council is but the ones ive contracted for insist on 4 sockets per room 6 in kitchen not including fcu to washer and fridge, extractors to kitchen bathroom smokes heat detectors and everything chased

Reply to Requires in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net