Discuss Retractive Switch help please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Ispark

Hello,

In my passages there are about 5 of these controlling about 5 bulbs at once.

Until now they were working fine. They used to stay on for 1 or 2 minutes.
Just recently when I switch them on they go off in a couple of seconds and I can't put them on again for a couple of minutes.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Thank you Pushrod for your reply.
I found the timer switch which might be faulty.
Can I ask a qustion, Mine has 5 terminal 234 NL and all used.
Most on the market available have four only 34 NL.
Where do you think the wire going to No 2 will go?

Thank you in advance.

not an expert on this by any means, is there some sort of rotary switch on the original that controls the time delay? have you checked that somebody hasn't just fiddled with this or that there is still some adjustment left in it.
If not regarding the terminals there will should be instructions with a new timer. It is important that the neutral and line go in their respective terminals - the others are probably an input from the switches and an output to the lights. Just guessing but it could be that your original timer has a separate line in and line out rather than just doubling up- a little bit of a play with a resistance meter should show if any are linked up and which of the wires are the ones coming from the switches.

Thank you once again.

If you dont mind can you please check this link that I email you, this is the actual switch I have.

Thank you once agin in advance.

Is that the one that is presently installed ?

If so it has a permanent live feed to 4 and 6. A 4 terminal one probably just misses out on one of those, but you would have to pay attention to the instructions as the terminal numbers might not match up.

Can't you find a like for like replacement ? - that is the easiest way to go if you are unsure.

Reply to Retractive Switch help please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net