Discuss Schneider / Merlin Gerin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Evening all

Pricing a job in a school and to get some RCBOs for this board below

My wholesaler say that the new schneider acti 9 isobar p rcbo wont fit this older style Merlin Gerin baord. Anyone had any dealings with this?

I personally think it will fit.....

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the P type fit as they are designed for an integral neutral bar connection I think. A standard Acti9 should fit though.

I don't think the P type fit as they are designed for an integral neutral bar connection I think. A standard Acti9 should fit though.

I tried a standard one but dont fit as the busbar on the DB is on the top
[automerge]1570814570[/automerge]
Would people agree that if i make alterations to an existing circuit which was installed pre 17th edition. As long as non of my work in bured in the wall that i DONT need to RCD protect it?

A standard acti9 single phase board has the busbar connection at the top.

Schneider-Electric-SEA9AN10-Single-Phase-10-Way-Type-A-Acti-9-Distribution-Board-1.jpg

Your work has to comply to current regs, but not all the circuit. I would check to see if any spec says you should add rcd protection though.

Schneider C60 range are Merlin Gerin rebadged. Schneider iC60 range are purely a Schneider design and will not fit.

If in doubt then contact schneider technical support, they have a good team to answer these simple questions on their part, but i can only assume your wholesaler has done this themselves to give such a response in the first place.

Reply to Schneider / Merlin Gerin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone fitted an SPD to a schneider standalone AFDD DB. Isobar P B Standalone Active distribution board, Acti9, 24 AFDD ways This board only...
Replies
Views
The board in the picture below has 2 x RCBO's in it, they look like matches so I'm guessing schneider is the new merlin gerlin and that these...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello, We live in an old stone built ground floor flat, built in the 1880s. Obviously the consumer unit and cabling has been updated a number of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock