Discuss Socket failed after a month... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just double check the customer has both switches turned on. May even be worth calling ahead if it could save you a journey.
You could ask them to try turning each switch off then on to save embarrassment.

Just double check the customer has both switches turned on. May even be worth calling ahead if it could save you a journey.
You could ask them to try turning each switch off then on to save embarrassment.
I think I'd be embarrassed asking that;)

I have full confidence the customer has tried this as she has plugged things in and tried, only one side works. she is also quite intelligent and far from daft and a post grad phd research student in languages but has very poor dexterity in her hands due to some medical condition so needs me to fit the socket as her husband is not what you would call diy savyy.

I have full confidence the customer has tried this as she has plugged things in and tried, only one side works. she is also quite intelligent and far from daft and a post grad phd research student in languages but has very poor dexterity in her hands due to some medical condition so needs me to fit the socket as her husband is not what you would call diy savyy.
Post Grad and PHD don't always equate to common sense Gavin.

@Des 56 you cynical person... her husband has also plugged stuff in and tried switches... so for them to both be a bit dim would be surprising....
Oh I'm not sure about that!
Quoted to add sockets for a Doctor and Dentist husband & wife and they where quite shocked that walls would need chopped out, floors lifted etc to run wires to the sockets, thought it was merely a case of putting them on the wall and that's it:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This bad spelling thing I really don't give one if I spell it wrong or get the grammar incorrect I am sure that you get the points that I am making, you must have better things to do than mark my work
So sorry, I had no idea I did that.
I've changed it to a Like now. I can only blame the red. Sorry Anthony :(

Quoted to add sockets for a Doctor and Dentist husband & wife and they where quite shocked that walls would need chopped out, floors lifted etc to run wires to the sockets, thought it was merely a case of putting them on the wall and that's it:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Been there as well 123 during my Apprenticeship in the late 1950s the company I worked for wired some old peoples dwellings, always had gas lighting, and electric was magic, one old lady cales us back (she was a retired head teacher) her bulbs (lamps|) had black smudges on them, thought she had to light them with a match, bless.

:confused:
Been there as well 123, during my Apprenticeship in the late 1950s, the company I worked for wired some old peoples dwellings, always had gas lighting, and electric was magic, one old lady cales us back (she was a retired head teacher) her bulbs (lamps|) had black smudges on them, thought she had to light them with a match, bless.:cool::oops::rolleyes::sob:

Yeah I've had similar too that. It reminds me of the story of when vacuum cleaners were first around and someone not needing to empty the bag on it because they thought the dirt went up the power cable and into the wall!

Reply to Socket failed after a month... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net