Discuss Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

doubt it. legally, libel only applies if what you say is untrue.

Could there be consequences for the person doing the naming and shaming?

I don't see how posting pictures and naming the person who did the work can have any legal implications - it's not as if you're slagging off or rubbishing their work, you're just displaying pictures of it for people to make up their own mind.

Why has he got 3 cables in a 16a breaker when there is a spare 16a?

pointless question when you look at the rest, that is some amazing work

it's all well & good baying for this fella to be outed, but we don't know anything about him or his personality. he won't be too pleased to see his details plastered all over the internet and you have to remember the old fella who had the work done - how would you feel if this scroat went round and took it out on him?

the best way to proceed is to try and get him to sort out this mess or, failing that, report him to his scam and trading standards.

name and shame the ar**hole makes me mad everytime a think about it , he has screwed the old guy over and endangered his life , who cares if he wont be pleased

The niceic need to be contacted and THEY should have to get another contractor in to re-do the whole install and for free,what else are all these fees for,they are supposed to implement electrical safety,not all for profit,probably a slim chance of them doing it but if it were me i would have to get thes pics over to them and chase it up,the guy is probably living up to the £50k promised on the ads for sparks, in and out quick yehaaa

well I would go with (if this clown is registered with them) contacting the NICEIC send them the photographic evidence & the name of the (used in the loosest term) sparks & also let them know that you are forwarding the details/photos to BBC watch dog's Matt Alwright & the blond (i've got no money) messingers carp program cowboy builders......................bet Mr cable and company do more than the usual response of "take it up with the contractor" .

That work is so so poor it's shocking & to think part P is supposed to stop this carp, I suppose it will if it is left to us sparks to police the industry.

A quality install that.i had similar with the nic in my area when some supposedly reputable firm rewired this guys house and it had something like 57 deviations from the regs.
phoned up nic only to get fed the party line of allow the contractor back to fix it or there is nothing we can do for you mr disgruntled.
A joke and not a funny one either. its easy to pick faults in others work but you dont have to be trained to spot that pile of cack is needing ripped out.

Why's worse is that if the customer has not taken out the warranty scheme with the scam provider there is a good chance them scam wont be too interested neither.

This work is an absolute disgrace, and should never be condoned or left in it's present state!! If this guy is an approved NICEIC contractor then you MUST report this guy to them, (along with Trading Standards), and make it be known to them that you WILL be following it up, if you see nothing is being done!!

Just goes to show that even NICEIC Approved Contractor status these day's doesn't mean a thing!! The only way this is going to STOP, is if you lot stand up for yourselves and report this type of disgraceful work, that is bringing down this industry!! And yet another reason why you're pay scales and labour rates are getting lower and lower.

Anyone that see's such bad/crap installation work should ALWAYS do something about it, especially so when the old or infirm are the victims of these out & out cowboys....

As the NICEIC are a forum sponsor I've just PM'ed the "person" with a link to this thread.

I'll post the response I get (assuming they respond

Don't hold you're breath!! lol!!

Are they?? Never seen the logo anywhere on the forum... I can remember someone from NICEIC coming on here trying to convince us that they are the best thing since sliced bread and flying the safety flag!! But that the only time i've seen any contribution from them...

Yes agree go to the media and try get it on cowboy builders they will lap this case up... elderly - ill health - dangerous and poor workmanship + no doubt he was stung in the pocket!

Don't hold you're breath!! lol!!

Are they?? Never seen the logo anywhere on the forum... I can remember someone from NICEIC coming on here trying to convince us that they are the best thing since sliced bread and flying the safety flag!! But that the only time i've seen any contribution from them...

Search for user "NICEIC Engineer"

Reply to Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net