Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Split advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sajeel

-
Reaction score
Hi people.

A bit of advice, I have a shop with three phase head currently two phases being used. the shop require 3 phase . So will need to fit a 5 or 6 way db fuse such as ryefield or Hager so that 3 flats and shop are fused. Any suggestions my current plan is 6 way ryefield 100a the flats feeding off there and a 3 phase 25mm cable from meter to shop db as supply inlet is in basement flat.
Has anyone used the Hager range as opposed to ryefield ?

You might also want to check if you've got 2 phases of 3, or as your thread title, 1 x split phase.

No load info either ..... The flats we can guess but what is the shop load is it heavy like electric 3ph ovens ????

The shop will have 3 phase ovens as will be a bakery not sure exactly what load is as client will buy from auction so will have to wait and see

The shop will have 3 phase ovens as will be a bakery not sure exactly what load is as client will buy from auction so will have to wait and see

Then you will need to carry out a lot more investigation i'm afraid!! Bakeries with electric ovens can be power hungry affairs. If your DNO supply can't meet the max demand of all 4 installations (DNO's available KVA on the service network cable), then the commercial bakery premises, might need to look into an alternative fuel like town, or storage tank gas system to run the ovens....

Sajeel ... as you have gathered you are asking a question that can't possibly be answered without the info you are missing.... you ask about how to segregate the separate installs yet give us no indication of demand of the Bakery ... this is crucial to ensure your existing incoming service is capable of the extra loading and may even mean fitting the flats on 3ph supplies to balance the whole supply.

As Eng54 and others have expressed this thread can go no further without basic info....

Expected demand from bakery
Expected demand from flats with diversity included, elecric showers, ovens etc in the flats may be the difference between a supply upgrade or not, that depends on the bakery oven(s).

Lastly, just because the service head is only utilising 2 phase of a 3phase head it dosn't mean its available, as Eng54 has kindly pointed out the network may be fully accounted for in KVA allowance thus this could turn into a very expensive affair if they need to bring in a new supply ....think you need to do alot of homework... if as you should be doing; you contact DNO and fill out the appropriate paperwork this could take months just to get a 3rd phase connected if its deemed suitable for the demands you submit.

E54...Town Gas, that went out back in the 70s!
I remember me Mum's cooker being converted to Natural gas in the early 70s.

No idea what it's called these days, i was just meaning national grid piped in gas!! Natural Gas it is then...lol!!
I suppose i'd better mention the type of storage tank gas now, ...which would be LPG!!

Hi an estimate of equipment is 25 kw, therefore equates to 110a so for three phase kva will be 43. That is a full load with no diversity calculation.

Reply to Split advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net