Discuss Suggestions for makinging holes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

Am looking for a good made of Bits, Drill bits mainly

For Mason the Dewalt Extream has impressed

Just wonder about Wood and Holesaws

Did have a set of SpeedSafe Bosch wood bits but not sure i can see any differece with others and Dewalts

as for Holesaws, i was looking at Dewalt as they did do well with the Mason bits, but there is 3 types
one with Hex cost about £13-20/bit and
then you have the bi-metal (yellow) at around £9-15/bit and
then the Long Life x2 (black) £12.50-22 about x1.5 times the price of the bi-metal
notice the teeth are a bit different
and the HEX bits, for the impactor, have a spring loaded !! ooo

<Trying to get ones that you guys like that way im not paying for buying too much rubbish, i want you guys to buy the rubbish and ill just buy the good bits :) >

For holesaws try the Punk range from toolstation for a budget choice that will cut all metal including stainless. Bosch progressor have a good reputation for a bit more money.

And for a flat or auger wood bit , for not a lot of money for the quality Irwin are very good.
This applies to their other products too.

I like the irwin flat bits, they do a extension as well in various lengths that's quick release. Much better than those with the Allen grub screws. A thumbs up for the Bosch progressors. I've got a 20mm punch for metal that does a good job, I'm prone to making a mess with holesaws. Probably to fast not enough lube. Anyone know if you get fine cut holesaws?.

I like the irwin flat bits, they do a extension as well in various lengths that's quick release. Much better than those with the Allen grub screws. A thumbs up for the Bosch progressors. I've got a 20mm punch for metal that does a good job, I'm prone to making a mess with holesaws. Probably to fast not enough lube. Anyone know if you get fine cut holesaws?.

Look at the armeg acceler8 cobalt cutters for a fine cut holesaw.

i always use cone cutters for drilling plastic. nowt worse than digging out half melted plastic waste from your holesaw.

Reply to Suggestions for makinging holes in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net