Discuss Too Expensive? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sounds like a crap job to me, are you short of work? I bet you don't get it all done in a day, all you need is a few of those 15 swap outs to go south, short or otherwise poor cables, other stuff that a proper spark can't help but having to sort, grommets missing etc, plus any cosmetic damage that might need sorting, along with back boxes that might need re-fixing or tapping. I reckon you need 2 days, could be 2 long days at that, plus how much are you paying your "mate". Then there is the testing for the MW cert, making sure everything disconnected for testing, IR tests always take quite a while, checking for appliances plugged in, boilers, etc etc. I'd stick to nice little CU changes............

Yeah I am out of touch these days, when I was on my own in the 80's, £100 a day, sometimes more.But it was more like 10hrs with my old mentor. My own work £25 per socket, Lighting circuits were fixed price depending on what was involved.

Mmmm leave home 7am, M25/southern driving conditions arrive site 8am hopefully. Have a natter with customer, get started 8:15. coffee break 10:30-11:00. Lunch 12:30-13:15. Afternoon tea 15:00-15-20. Leave site in order to get back home on M25 for reasonable time 16:30. That's 6 hr 40 mins so need to add 1hr 20 mins overtime at time plus a half.

Mmmm leave home 7am, M25/southern driving conditions arrive site 8am hopefully. Have a natter with customer, get started 8:15. coffee break 10:30-11:00. Lunch 12:30-13:15. Afternoon tea 15:00-15-20. Leave site in order to get back home on M25 for reasonable time 16:30. That's 6 hr 40 mins so need to add 1hr 20 mins overtime at time plus a half.
Ha Ha, my answer= YOU CRACK ON.! iF YOU ARE CHARGING £240 A DAY

I don't have nearly two hours of breaks in a day.....That would be a luxury! Onsite 7.40, break 15 mins at 10.30, lunch 13.30-1400. pack up 16.30. This is what my lads get.

I'm sticking my neck out here, but I;m going to forecast the time schedule. then I will honestly let everyone know how close I was after.

set out 9.00am, pick up mate 9.45am. arrive on site 10.00am. crack on, none of these breaks, they;re for wimps, expect to be testing and filling out MWC by 4.00pm latest.. ordering pints at 4.30. only concern that may cause problems is cpc's in dry line boxes if they've been cut short.

I don't have nearly two hours of breaks in a day.....That would be a luxury! Onsite 7.40, break 15 mins at 10.30, lunch 13.30-1400. pack up 16.30. This is what my lads get.
On site 07:40? Corks that's usually when missus has brought in the tea and dog is jumping into bed for a cuddle....

I'm sticking my neck out here, but I;m going to forecast the time schedule. then I will honestly let everyone know how close I was after.

set out 9.00am, pick up mate 9.45am. arrive on site 10.00am. crack on, none of these breaks, they;re for wimps, expect to be testing and filling out MWC by 4.00pm latest.. ordering pints at 4.30. only concern that may cause problems is cpc's in dry line boxes if they've been cut short.
Nothing a splice line connector wont sort out :)

Haha. Listen forget this electrical ---- in the middle. Pick up mate 9:45, go to Wetherspoons for a breakfast and a couple of liveners. Then have a bit of a walk around and make a start on the lunchtime session about 12 ish, chat about old times, get a bag of chips (no fish on your pension) to soak all the ale up before having the final few pints and winding up about 3 ish ready for a kip and a shower before missus Tel has tea ready for 5 ish, job done.

You make a good meter fixer Burnout, it is one big holiday,:)

Haha. Listen forget this electrical **** in the middle. Pick up mate 9:45, go to Wetherspoons for a breakfast and a couple of liveners. Then have a bit of a walk around and make a start on the lunchtime session about 12 ish, chat about old times, get a bag of chips (no fish on your pension) to soak all the ale up before having the final few pints and winding up about 3 ish ready for a kip and a shower before missus Tel has tea ready for 5 ish, job done.
if only. and fish is a big no no. i want to vomit if i pass a fishmongers on the street.

At least your being proactive. Waiting 4 hours for a Hot works/confined space Permit can be tedious. Filling out Take Fives after every Task. Varification Dossiers!! Oil and Gas Plants a bloody nightmare

Reply to Too Expensive? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net