Discuss TT system with No RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does the conection of a cooker fall within the scope of BS7671?
The fact that you would issue an MWEIC, suggests that it does.
Does either the cooker or any cables used to make the connection require ADS?
If either do require ADS, then if it is not already there, it must be provided.

My two pennith, would it not be the Zs that is to be considered?

Reg 411.3.2.4 TT system; each distribution circuit disconnection time not exceeding 1 sec.

Then reg 411.5.4 would give the calculation to give the maximum ZS when using a OCPD giving disconnection time of 1 sec;

Zs x Ia (less than or equal to) Uo x Cmin?

My two pennith, would it not be the Zs that is to be considered?

Reg 411.3.2.4 TT system; each distribution circuit disconnection time not exceeding 1 sec.

Then reg 411.5.4 would give the calculation to give the maximum ZS when using a OCPD giving disconnection time of 1 sec;

Zs x Ia (less than or equal to) Uo x Cmin?

Its a final circuit though. If disconnection is achieved by an OCPD and 411.3.1.2 is adhered to then the maximum disconnection times applicable to a TN system may be used if the circuit doesn't exceed 32A.

Last edited:
Its a final circuit though. If disconnection is achieved by an OCPD and 411.3.1.2 is adhered to then the maximum disconnection times applicable to a TN system may be used if the circuit doesn't exceed 32A.
Ok stand corrected.

PS but does not reg 411.5.4 apply to calculate max Zs when using ocpd on TT?

Last edited:

Reply to TT system with No RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net