Discuss turn signals off toggle switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Daniel Morgan

Hi all im new here my mate is building a 300zx drift car and has stripped as much off the car loom as possible and kept the important wires. He has given me the task to wire the indicators and hazzards off a toggle switch. As i dont have a wiring diagram if i was to sourse both front and rear indicator bulb feeds can i apple the below instructions? or does anyone have any ideas as to the best way to accomplish this? i have a three way toggle switch spare ( on-off-on) and a two way one ( on-off) Many Thanks:

Hi dude,in principle,it will function,but flasher units will have to be suitably sized for load,one half the other.

Also,there is no interlock function between the two,so the operated position of one,will interfere with the other.

A better arrangement,would be to use a proprietary hazard switch,which has the interlock,nomenclature and switching,all in one assembly.

...and by the way,my pals and i,invented ballooning and fish-tailing,which is what you call drifting,and i have 9 full photo albums to prove it...:icon12:

Hi dude,in principle,it will function,but flasher units will have to be suitably sized for load,one half the other.

Also,there is no interlock function between the two,so the operated position of one,will interfere with the other.

A better arrangement,would be to use a proprietary hazard switch,which has the interlock,nomenclature and switching,all in one assembly.

...and by the way,my pals and i,invented ballooning and fish-tailing,which is what you call drifting,and i have 9 full photo albums to prove it...:icon12:

Ah thats brilliant thanks will get him to invest and do that as a proper feature, however the task ive been given is to slap something together to allow him to drive it to the track so a left flash and right flash off a switch he manually controls. We have everything but the flasher unit which you cant pick up at your local maplins :( and he ideally want me to do it tomorrow. Any way i can slap one up for a temp purpose? Many thanks for your help

or wont he already have a flasher relay in his loom from the standard loom setup along with the origional hazzard switch which we can remove the sole switch and adapt it?

Reply to turn signals off toggle switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net