Discuss Turning things on stops 3D printer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doyley

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

So in my mancave I have a lot of things running from extension leads. I'm looking for a better solution to this and made a different post.
In the meantime I have a frustrating issue. I have a 3D printer and often prints can take many hours. Sometimes if something is printing and I turn something else on in the room it causes the 3D print to fail. I hear the USB disconnect sound from the PC and it ruins the print, many hours wasted.
It can be pretty much anything I turn on, sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it does.

Any ideas on how I can stop this?

Thanks

can't you go out and nick some alloy wheels. save 3 d printing them? :p:D:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D

sorry mate. fellow scousers sense of homour after a 5 hour dribve on what shouldhave been 2 hours, bloody muppets cloggingupthe roadsto visit stupid retail parlks. buying stuff the y don'tn nedd or want.

It can be pretty much anything I turn on, sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it does

Are you saying that sometimes you can turn an item on and it messes with your PC usb and sometimes switching on the same device will nor mess with the PC usb?
Have you tried, as a test, getting a long extension lead (not connected to the mancave circuit) and plugging your pc into it. Then see if switching things on will affect the PC usb?

What 3D printer is it as mine uses an SD mem card that you load the STL file to?

Are you running USB 2 or 3 on the PC as it looks like something on the MB drops the voltage to the port which in turn cuts the print job, also does your PC go in to standby mode at all or any other settings that cuts down the power usage.

Reply to Turning things on stops 3D printer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net