Discuss tut tut EDF! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris_M

Last week i was 2nd fixing some houses which was a block of 4. the site foreman came in and told me that EDF had put the meters in last week. I carried on for a while and just thought id check to see what they had done in the meter box. i couldnt believe my own eyes that they had only connected my tails into their meter and turned the switch on the meter over. i has gob smacked that the painter or anyone else who had been in the toliet downstairs didnt get a shock. they connected all 4 up but only 1 house was live.

p.s i got some photos ill try to put up

when ever did the suppliers connect our tails in surely not, even if he did he would have to check that there was a main switch on the end of them?

this is the 2nd time. the 1st time there was no cut out on the meter and had to cut the seals on the main fuse. this has been reported to NIC also with the issues of this and also why cant we be supplyed with the seals and the companys NIC number on the seals we put on. Which the NIC inspector was trying to sort this issue out.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 002.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 115
wow mate
thought the installation had to be complete before they connect tails up and power it up joke
when i used to do new build we had to submit a request for connection did the plonker not even check there was a ccu fitted

Reply to tut tut EDF! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock