Discuss Two water mains/ two bonds?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KNIPEX

Hi all.

im working in a small little building which has toilets/meeting rms/office kitchen etc, the water main comes in at the kitchen, ive pulled a cable in to bond this

however while in the toilets today i noticed another water main coming into the same building so it has 2, however i do not have a bond to this as ive only know just seen it.

this is a new one on me 2 water mains in the same small building, everything is cross bonded at the boilor now and if i cross bond in the toilets aswell will this be acceptable as the other water bond would therfore be cross bonded.

thanks in advance for your help.

oh no, thats pretty impossible now, just so strange that it has 2 water supplies coming in.

i can cross bond it, but getting a main bond to it is pretty much a nightmare.

anyone else got any ideas please?

Last edited by a moderator:
It requires a main bond no other option.

no mate it feeds the water pipes in the toilet area only. such a stupid place having two water mains coming into the same building ffs.

Good call Jason.

In that case you could remove main bond and check continuity between the 2 incoming pipes.

If you have no or poor continuity then you would have to install second main bond.

Yes mate it is however they have seperate stop ****s on each one.

this isnt looking good atm, really wasnt the answer that i wanted.

if in doubt BOND it out if theres structural steelwork you could bond to that n save running another from the meb so long as the steelwork is bonded

It's an incomming service, it's an extraneous-conductive-part, it will be introducing earth potential - It HAS to be bonded back to the MET.
Can't believe some of the posts I've read in reply to this:confused:

Reply to Two water mains/ two bonds?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net