Discuss Van signwriting in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Simple is always best, and that does the trick. The only thing I would add is to break up the phone number a bit more. 5 digit code, then two blocks of three - 01234 123 456. It will make it easier to read AND remember, as the viewer will take the number in, in smaller chunks.

icon1.gif
Re: Van signwriting

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger
I have decided its time to get my van done. I've only ever had NAPIT stickers but work has been a bit quiet and I've been won over by the 'free advertising' benefits of it (would start bringing my gear in overnight which tbh I should be doing anyway)!
Along with name, landline, mobile and web addys (along with napit stickers) would you lads advise putting a list of undertaken works on, i.e. DB Upgrades, Em Ligting, Fire alarms, maintenance repairs etc. etc. or is it better to have less- maybe more eye catching?

If it's electrical services you offer get them across your van and whatever you specialize in ,get this on also

My van livery only has bullet point, benefit driven headlines directed towards the customer and what I can do for them, electrically it reads;

ELECTRICAL INSPECTION SERVICES:

- Homebuyers Electrical Reports
- Landlords Electrical Reports
- Landlords Appliance Safety Checks

I know some guys like to put their contact no. on also, but i personally just have my website address on there,so that if i get noticed potential customers will look on my site effectively creating a foot in the door or 1st point of contact before deciding to hire me

If done correctly, van livery will pay for itself and generate more leads for you over the long run!

I was thinking about getting the van done, but a neighbour of mine (a chippy) has just had his van broken into whilst he was in a car park. I'm worried it's advertising to the criminals, Electrician.....cable, copper, test equipment etc...

I generally try to keep what i need in the van to a bare minimum, all test equipment gets removed in the evening. Unfortunatley it's just the nature of the beast ,but as you well know if you have no toys to play with you have no income!

The old urban myth......"No tools left in this vehicle overnight" Van broken into, and note left.............."Just Checking!"

Yup its a delicate balance, but does the advertising outweigh the possible break in.

If done correctly, van livery will pay for itself and generate more leads for you over the long run!

Load of rubbish, had my vans sign written for 9 years now and never get any work on the strength of it. It's said that 30% of your work will come from having your van sign written, but that's tosh. I have my van sign written because it looks professional and shows you have confidence in what you do.

lads i got postcards printed, on the front co details, on the back it tells the home owner i just worked at number ????? in their street and keep my card for future use. so when im done at a house i pop my post card into 10 houses next to the 1 iv worked in.flyer_back[2].jpg

lads i got postcards printed, on the front co details, on the back it tells the home owner i just worked at number ????? in their street and keep my card for future use. so when im done at a house i pop my post card into 10 houses next to the 1 iv worked in.View attachment 2515

I'm liking this idea

for the sake of spending 10 minutes if that dropping postcards in a very nifty little idea think I might pinch it

lads i got postcards printed, on the front co details, on the back it tells the home owner i just worked at number ????? in their street and keep my card for future use. so when im done at a house i pop my post card into 10 houses next to the 1 iv worked in.View attachment 2515

Yea that's an excellent idea, have you had any work off it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs Electric ran a system like this, they call it the 9 card drop. 5 houses opposite, and 2 either side. They encourage the sparks to bother with it by giving them a tenner for every job that was won via this approach.

i used to work for Mr electric. couldnt be ***** to do the 9 card drop most of the time,didnt have the time!A tenner ooh that generous lol considering a consumer unit starts from £575 lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Van signwriting in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net