Discuss vauxhall combo tax in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

anyone on here got a vauxhall combo van 1.3 , just wondering how much the road tax is , was expecting it to be 120 for the year but got the reminder in and its 220

Maybe because your astravan is built on a car chassis it a converted estate car so may be excluded from the higher tax rate.

good thinking , car derived van i think is the D.O.T. terminology.
saying that the combi van is built on the corsa chassis so a bit of a rip off really.

It has many benefits ... its classed as a car so you don't have speed restrictions imposed on REAL vans ;) like when driving in a national speed limit on a dual carriageway but your weight allowance is limited in comparison though.

+ you pay less window tax than a car ;)

Last edited:

Reply to vauxhall combo tax in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Quick question - I'm going self employed as an Electrician's mate as from the start of November. For this purpose, I'm looking to get rid...
Replies
Views
Hello Ive been working for over 20years, done design course and fully qualified. Looking into the professional registration with the Engtech...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a professional coffe machine working at 220 V and it currently drain about 2,5 kW of power. I have made this simple and horrible...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock