Discuss Voltage in shower waste! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

" The purpose of connecting the customer's system to ground is to limit the voltage that may develop if high voltage conductors fall down onto lower-voltage conductors which are usually mounted lower to the ground, or if a failure occurs within a distribution transformer. If all conductive objects are bonded to the same earth grounding system, the risk of electric shock is minimized. However, multiple connections between the utility ground and customer ground can lead to stray voltage problems; customer piping, swimming pools or other equipment may develop objectionable voltages. These problems may be difficult to resolve since they often originate from places other than the customer's premises. "

Just found this on the net,
It may help your quest, although it does say it may be difficult to resolve lol.
I'm keen to hear your findings .
May you get to the source my friend.

I've had same with 'tingly taps' post a while ago, finishing with SEB digging hole and repairing joint, the end.......no, after this was called in again as fault returned. Bloody macerator was faulty. Have you got one in the system?

I can't believe I just read the whole nine pages to be left with this! Ban Him!

LOL. I have a suspicion the answer (or more of the same) is over on the IET forum....just can't be arsed to go and look!

What puzzles me is that we never got past the first hurdle, i.e. was the water-filled pipe introducing true earth to a system with a floating MET or was the pipe live? I wonder just how accurate the description of the scenario was...

The cynic in me says that the whole thread was just a big red herring and the OP was completely off the deep end with what was actually something really simple and/or a complete misunderstanding through lack of experience.

cause is obvious. electric eel residing in waste trap.
I hope his testing gear is suitable for the class of voltage associated with an electric eel,650 volts those suckers can produce....there,i've got the last word on a biblical thread...

Reply to Voltage in shower waste! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net