• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Wanted, 2.5inch IDE hdd in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
I am in need of a hard drive,
needs to be the following specs
ide interface only, can’t have sata
1Gb or lower capacuity.

I can’t find any new drives of that spec, the lowest I am finding is in the 100’s of Gb and the interface can’t take it.

I have been banging my head against this machine problem for nearly a week now and this seems to be my final hurdle.

p.s. If anyone ever asks you to fix anything involving an old operating system by IBM called OS2
steer well clear if you want to keep your sanity!!

You've got little to zero chance of finding a drive that small unfortunately, if you do, the chances of it being a good long term solution is slim, you'd be better off upgrading the entire machine.

You've got little to zero chance of finding a drive that small unfortunately, if you do, the chances of it being a good long term solution is slim, you'd be better off upgrading the entire machine.
customer is not spending £90k on a new custom cnc control system.

however, i might have found a solution.

it was an example of what is available, trying to find the same or similar in a qty of 1 and in the uk.

I am in need of a hard drive,
needs to be the following specs
ide interface only, can’t have sata
1Gb or lower capacuity.

I can’t find any new drives of that spec, the lowest I am finding is in the 100’s of Gb and the interface can’t take it.

I have been banging my head against this machine problem for nearly a week now and this seems to be my final hurdle.

p.s. If anyone ever asks you to fix anything involving an old operating system by IBM called OS2
steer well clear if you want to keep your sanity!!
I think I've got a few of them used but good.
Message me if you need one sent.

Here is one on ebay but i think its 3.5":

or this for future repairs:

and new one in RS:

Reply to Wanted, 2.5inch IDE hdd in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net