Discuss Where to attach neutral/ground in breaker panel in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So if neutral isn't switched, then whatever the power company think about it, the electrons aren't going to be able to tell the difference between neutral and ground only combined to the point of entry of the service, and them being combined all the way to the distribution board, as in this case.

No it’s not, the neutral bar has an insulator on the bottom and is not an integral part of the panel, the ground bar doesn’t have an insulator
So, in terms of the panel construction, what are A, B, and C, and which have continuity?

1619282217755.png

Something is going wrong with our communication.

How can either A or B be phase connections when they have both neutral and ground conductors connected to them?
It may appear to all be together but turn all power off a read on the OHMS scale. Phase A and B will not read to ground. I think that you need a licensed electrician to help you

It may appear to all be together but turn all power off a read on the OHMS scale. Phase A and B will not read to ground. I think that you need a licensed electrician to help you

Soi isn't the OP. I think he's just needing a bit of guidance on how American panels are set up.

I am finding my patience tried, so I hope this doesn't seem unacceptably aggresive:

None of the bars which I have labelled A, B and C are phase terminals.

None of the conductors connected to the bars which I have labelled A, B and C are phase conductors - they are all neutrals or grounds.

So what are A, B, and C, and which have continuity?

I am finding my patience tried, so I hope this doesn't seem unacceptably aggresive:

None of the bars which I have labelled A, B and C are phase terminals.

None of the conductors connected to the bars which I have labelled A, B and C are phase conductors - they are all neutrals or grounds.

So what are A, B, and C, and which have continuity?

I think perhaps MW is referring to the two incoming phases as A and B.

Reply to Where to attach neutral/ground in breaker panel in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net