Discuss Will Wylex fit Square D? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been asked to fit an outside light for a customer and they do not have RCD protection on their lighting circuit.

Could anyone tell me if this (which is what I have already):

IMGP2649.jpg

will fit this:

20130910_082044.jpg

Cheers all..

No it won't.
The SQO fitting is a push on busbar clip at the top. The RCBOs for these are an "upside down" type of affair.

Check on this, but I think KQ and KQE are the same fitting.

Just checked for you. SQO and KQ are the same fitting, just 6kA and 10kA respectively.

I think KQE is the code for the RCBO you need, and it comes in modern schneider branded flavour, so don't pay over the odds for "obsolete" square D backstock.

Because the shield is missing. They are generally removed when people want to convert these into standard busbar compatible. If it has still got its bubar clip in, it's unsheilded presenting a problem with exposed unrecessed live parts.

Just checked for you. SQO and KQ are the same fitting, just 6kA and 10kA respectively.

I think KQE is the code for the RCBO you need, and it comes in modern schneider branded flavour, so don't pay over the odds for "obsolete" square D backstock.

Haha, ...the list price for Schneider (Merlin Gerin) RCBO's is around £90!!! No idea of the discounted prices though!! Probably around the £35 mark maybe??

Thank you all for your posts. Have found a kqe on e.bay so will get that one. Typing on phone as computer broken, not easy.
Cheers Andy for the KQE bit.. and my morals remain intact Guitarist :)

More like £50...

All RCBO's are way overpriced, wouldn't be so bad if you could rely on the things, but like all RCD devices you can't as yet!!

I wonder how long it will be before the combined ''Pre Arch protected MCB's and RCBO's cross the pond into Europe?? Not heard a good thing about them, and never seen one actually work either!! lol!!

Reply to Will Wylex fit Square D? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net