Discuss Wireless stats and the cold in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welchyboy

Has anyone had any trouble with wireless stats failing due to cold batteries, and I've heard that lithium batteries may handle low temperatures better is this true?

stat is in a workshop and is not very well insulated so temp does drop somewhat overnight

if there's no way round it may have to install a wired stat, which will be a massive pain as the boilers in an adjacent building

Wire an appropriate power supply to the battery terminals in the stat, plug top on other end, and whahey away you go. Just replacing batteries with a permanent DC supply.

Cheers...........Howard

funily I had a thing like this.
get to the job and turn on the electric heater NOTHING,as the fire was new I checked over (seems all in tact)
I then thought maybe where it had been so cold over night the stat was cold.warmed the heater and off she went.
who would have thought you need to warm a heater to make it heat.

Reply to Wireless stats and the cold in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

At our church, one of the things I've done is sort out the heating wiring (as best I can for now). The schematic is as shown below. The theory...
Replies
Views
Hello to everybody taking the time to read this post. I hope it is oK to post this here. I will start by introducing myself, I'm Martin from...
Replies
Views
N
Hi guys, this is the scenario, I don't have a thermostat but most of my radiators have thermostatic valves, these are always set to 5 (5 being the...
Replies
Views
E
Many of my items have failed recently and as my gas central heating boiler is 20 years old, I am concerned about that failing too, although it...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock