Discuss Wylex 3 phase board fitting. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
Untitled.png

Do I need any more than this to fit the above board, does it need a fitting kit for the switch or anything extra to get it up and running (tails excluded obviously)

Are you using every way if not you will need done blanking modules and check if you need surge protection
Got loads of Wylex metal blanks, I presume they will fit in. As for surge, I'm going to fit a 3rd party one in an external enclosure, the price of the wylex one is ridiculous. Thats if it needs a SPD at all, not too sure of the commercial regulations.

Thats if it needs a SPD at all, not too sure of the commercial regulations.
It is, almost certainly it will fall under 443.4.1 section (iii) "significant financial or data loss" if something business-critical stops working as a result.

Having said that, for £160 or so I can't imagine you will save that much once you add up the cost of parts and your time to do a 3rd party DIN box compared to the internal kit:
From TLC:

Last edited:
Use the correct blanks those metal consumer unit blanks will just slide down when fitting or fall out when someone removes the cover which could be dangerous.
The newerclip in Wylex blanks are a big improvement on the others, they grip the sides quite firmly now. As you say the older type used to slide about all over the place, it was hard enough even trying to get a horizontal cover on with them in never mind a vertical one. I will look into the proper blanks for that unit though.

It is, almost certainly it will fall under 443.4.1 section (iii) "significant financial or data loss" if something business-critical stops working as a result.

Having said that, for £160 or so I can't imagine you will save that much once you add up the cost of parts and your time to do a 3rd party DIN box compared to the internal kit:
From TLC:
The problem with this job is its 2 buildings into one, I think I posted a thread on it a while ago. Its one building with one entrance door but it has two of everything including incoming supplies/meters. The customer wanted it wiring this way so there are two mains units, one for the left half and one for the right half. I take it it would need an SPD on both units, I'm not even sure where the 2nd supplies comes from, its not looped from the other supply and looks newer than the original one.

Reply to Wylex 3 phase board fitting. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net