Discuss Adding a garage consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I'd say it's perfectly normal to seek some more experienced advice and reassurance, going through an assessment process when you've only just qualified would feel quite daunting,suddenly you're on your own and thinking of all the things that you may be asked - and many with far more experience post on here pre-assessment seeking assistance.

Wow this thread has gone a long way to confirm my suspicions. I have been lurking around the forum for a while now and have been quite nervous about posting questions as it seems that the most active members have become tired of helping. It would seem that they have become very cynical and enjoy slagging off people and flexing their knowledge. I think that people need to remember that they were once somebody who were starting out with limited knowledge and little confidence.

So what if someone has 'changed career's' and done a 'short course' and considers themselves a spark. Its not their fault but that of the industry we are in.

I did an apprenticeship, i've won an award along the way and even been to university and got a BEng Hons in Building Services. I left the trade for 15 years and now starting back. I feel like the OP guy, that I have all my qualifications in place but lack the experience.

On the flip side, I have seen plenty of posts that demonstrate people asking questions which are easy to answer and show that the poster is low on knowledge. I do understand that this is annoying but advise people to step away if you feel that you are going to post a sarcastic, miserable reply.

In true form, now begins the sarcasm (which as long as it is good banter type i'm more than fine with)

Surely you need to show more of an installation than this to deemed competent enough to belong to one of these self assessment schemes?.

Okay, I've removed some posts that ...let's say... weren't constructive and some other posts that were focussed on those.

Nobody is under any obligation to prove their competence to anyone else on the forum and likewise nobody is obligated to to assist where they feel it might not be appropriate.

Play the ball not the man, please don't make statements of your judgements about others.

Reply to Adding a garage consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net