Discuss Advice on Unsatisfactory EICR report in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The whole EICR is a shambles. But I suspect quality was not on the ops list of priorities when choosing a contractor.
please expand on that .what do you think makes it a shambles?

Just had a quick look at the eicr:

R1 + R2 looks like they've been calculated as Ze is stated 0.35

No r1,r2,rn on ring circuit filled in

Suspect Ze might not have been measured as stated 0.35

No RCD test results filled in yet they've said;

20190313_112901.jpg

Personally, I think the report is clutching at straws to get extra work.

Why do I say that....

Item 1. The 18th edition does not 'require' cables to be buried more than 50mm.
Item 8. Main earth undersized. If there is evidence of thermal damage, I'd C2, but with no evidence I'd C3 it.
Item 9. Unswitched socket outlet. Show me a regulation unswitched socket outlets contravene.
Item 10. As @telectrix has already pointed out, high earth leakage on circuits where IR is claimed to be >100 Mega ohms.

Just my tuppence worth :)

Last edited:

Reply to Advice on Unsatisfactory EICR report in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need an EICR done on a house I rent out in Reading, England - 4-bed detached built in early 1980s. Would ideally like someone from this forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need an EICR done on a house I rent out in Reading, 4-bed detached built in early 1980s. But I'm a bit nervous about how to avoid cowboys...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, We have a two-bedroom flat that my wife and I rent out to supplement our income. Following the recent EICR, several issues...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock