Discuss After a new cordless set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maddison

Can anyone rate a milwaukee set. Iv attached a photo of what I am going to go for. It's the new brushless versions. Roughly around £680. Does that seem a good price ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 101
Milwaukee seem to be an OK brand.
Pricing is difficult to say since the prices do not compare across countries and also that kit does not appear to be available in the UK.
That said for the UK that would be good price.
Remember you only tend to get two batteries so depending on your work load your first purchase may be more batteries and you should consider this when looking at the cost.
For the kits it maybe worth considering if you can buy the actual items you need separately for less cost. e.g if you do not need the reciprocating saw and the torch then buying the just the others (even as smaller kits and bare body units) may be cheaper.

Milwaukee seem to be an OK brand.
Pricing is difficult to say since the prices do not compare across countries and also that kit does not appear to be available in the UK.
That said for the UK that would be good price.
Remember you only tend to get two batteries so depending on your work load your first purchase may be more batteries and you should consider this when looking at the cost.
For the kits it maybe worth considering if you can buy the actual items you need separately for less cost. e.g if you do not need the reciprocating saw and the torch then buying the just the others (even as smaller kits and bare body units) may be cheaper.

i did look at bare bodies but they do work out more expensive as it's the new range I was looking at.. I can pick up 2 4ah batteries for $ 220 which is ok. Il keep an eye out before I take the plunge

Say that again mate I couldn't quite understand.

sorry had some pop by then.

what I meant to say is, why are you looking at an Australian site? do you live in Australia or are you thinking of importing the kit.

kind of irrelevant now as you have already mentioned that you can buy 2 batteries for $220 so probably from Australia

Reply to After a new cordless set in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net