Discuss Anyone fitted / sold Rointe heaters? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Have a customer interested in me installing some, wondered if anyone had any feedback?

Not used them before.

Never fitted the Rointe ones, but have done others.

Was this time last year and customer was pleased as punch with em. Said their leccy bills were slashed compared to having E7 and storage heaters

Im an official installer for them here in Spain m8, great bit of kit. they will send you loads a stuff if you ask. If you need any other info just ask

Hi Rockingit, before I worked for test-meter, I fitted a cottage out with them that previously had storage heaters.

In my experience, they're really economical and they also look really good too. The heaters are very easy to fit (not too heavy) and the brackets are sound. A bit of a nightmare to programme though!!

Hi, yep fitted a 330W small one.

It works well and warms a space fairly quickly, I know there is a lot of forum posts on these type of heaters being no better than a panel heaters, but in my experience this 330Watt unit did the job as good as a 1kw panel heater. And you can get a remote control.

They are a bit pricey, CEF are a stockist - ask for a trade discount.
I did think there was a problem with the screen being faulty but city called the factory and there is a menu setting to change the contrast which sorted that out.

The programming is a pain at first but after 5 mins practice it’s a doddle!

I got a quick program guide from Rointe – How do I attach things in this forum?

The only negative had been that I fitted it to a FCU on a new circuit for future radiators. The customer got me back to put a 1363 socket on the circuit and a plug back on the radiator as they could not really see the screen to set up the timer etc, they just stuck the plug into a clicky wheel mains plug timer thing and are happy as Larry.

(One point to note this 330W radiator came with a BS1363 - AND with a 13A FUSE - I emailed Rointe and they said they would ask the factory why).

I know that they only have a 2year warranty on the electronics but a 20 year one I think on the other parts.

Jon.

....in my experience this 330Watt unit did the job as good as a 1kw panel heater.

I've never come across them, what makes them so good? Surely a 330watt heater can only give out 330watts of heat where a 1kw heater would produce triple the heat.

Yep agreed, you would think so but I am not a thermodynamics engineer.
One thought is on the element efficiency; maybe they are more efficient than cheaper panel heater elements, an analogy could be applied to lighting, we all know the efficacy (W vs lm) of lamps varies depending on the construction and cost – only a thought.
I do think the radiator design encourages heat to circulate therefore making heat flow vs. just being given off and the casing materials and oil they use seem to give the unit a really good latent heat characteristics so the thermostat does not need to kick in so much plus as the rointe's are deeper than a panel heater there is a larger surface area for latent heat.

As I said 'it appears' to heat the space for my customer in the same way as the 1kw panel heater she had, so I guess all I can say is its anecdotal evidence?

I know they have some clever electronics in them that basically runs the elements on/off at around 4Hz, so electrically speaking they are only 'on' for 25% of the time, hence the energy savings, and I guess the rest is just down to modern calculated design of air flows and materials etc, rather than 'lets stick an element onto a slab of metal'.

I'm appreciating the comments guys. R.

Put a couple of these in an up market estate agent in my area. Big regency style office space with big sash windows & very high ceilings. They seem very happy with them and it's always very toasty when ever I pop in there. Rads look good too.

Anyone ever had any problems with these radiators? I have a customer who is paying 600 per month for electric with rointe heaters.

Got a feeling its a meter issue myself. Rointe coming out on monday. We will soon see...

So far I've had good feelings when dealing with some enquiries with Rointe direct, but my local wholesaler was telling me that apparently they've been sued by Dimplex over something and have had to reduce their energy saving claims??

We've fitted a few and everyone's been happy no ones mentioned large electricity bills.

The only reservation I have Rointe's latest marketing claims they are cheaper to run than a boiler system... Now I'm assuming they are talking about an electric boiler system not a gas one? but this could be a little miss leading.

View attachment 10483

Last edited:
Hi you guys
I am employed by city electrical factors, after reading some of the reviews from some members of this forum I thought I'd give a little more in depth response regarding this great product. To be honest even I was unsure about this product, but I have to say that since getting involved with it I have nothing but praise for this product. Some of you guys may well think I've got my cef hat on but being one the worlds largest electrical wholesalers in the world, I am able to supply every type of electrical heating available to the market.

If you are looking for an electrical heating solution ROINTE Is the answer without a doubt.Many people have questioned the performance of the system which has been tested By Bsria. But having sold over ÂŁ100k in the past 3 months I can safely say that customers are finding this product amazing since more and more sales are coming by way of recommendation.

If you are considering Changing your system or your an electrican looking for a new heating product give your local branch a call,or your welcome to call me if you wish. A representive can carry out a site survey for you and will provide you with a technical case study with the results.The case study will show you how many elements are required to heat the area. The report will also give you a total running cost of heating which is generally calculated allowing 12 hours heating at a rate of 11.5p per kw.

A More recent study was carried out by Rointe in their chamber in Spain.If your using an alternative heating panel that claims to be energy saving you should take a look at this report. They tested 5 systems which included one of my own products. The report found that only 2.92kw of effective power was required for the sample test,the nearest competitors system came in at nearly twice the required consumption.
The Rointe system ticks all the boxes, I appreciate that everyone has their own preference, but all I can say is you should really take a closer look.

Something really wrong here how many heaters have been installed ? You should be able to calculate to total nominal power consumed. The heaters should be ideally programmed in auto mode, larger consumption rates will be consumed if in constant manual mode at 30degrees (maximum) I find it difficult to believe the heaters are responsible for this large a bill. Contact Ian macintosh at Rointe in Spain he will help you out.

Reply to Anyone fitted / sold Rointe heaters? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net