Discuss Anyone have old orange SIM card? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

I'm looking for an old orange pay as you go SIM card over 3 months old that still works.. Someone must have an old one in bottom of a draw... Thanks

I've got all others too, few years ago loads of people where on orange, now it seems no one is on it.. I didn't think it would be this hard to find an old sim card

If it hasn't been used for three months it will be disabled I think. I had one in an old phone that still had credit on it , when I tried it it was expired.

I bought a phone from them (Tangerine)back in 2000 and binned it within 3 weeks as it was not an easy network to use, and was expensive at the time....been with vodafone ever since and have kept the same number since 2001, all the networks have got more expensive recently especially on prepay/pay as you go phones, I can remember when vodafone were charging 35p a minute for all calls and 50p to other networks, then I can also remember my student days back in 2000-2003 when I was getting calls for 2p a minute.....these days its 35p for first 3 minutes then 5p per minute to another vodafone or landline, and more (can't remember how much) to other networks...0800 and 0845 are expensive...

If you think back to the period from 1999 when pay as you go mobiles first came out until 2004, there was:

Orange
BTCellnet(now O2 mobile)
One2One (now T-Mobile)
Vodafone

Now (here in the UK)there is:

Vodafone
Orange
Three Mobile
O2 Mobile
T-Mobile
Tesco Mobile
Sainsburys Mobile
Lebarra Mobile
Lyca Mobile
Dolphin Telecom mobile
ASDA Mobile
BT Mobile for Business
Talk-Mobile

I am sure that there are a few other supermarkets getting involved in mobile phone service provision...

And there are no doubt quite a few sim card only mobile networks where you buy a simcard for £1 or something, or even get one for free, then just put into an unlocked/sim free mobile phone...

Going from when I was age 18 keeping £100+ in my prepay phone and letting everyone else use it to today putting £5 in now and then and getting texts from vodafone offering me free extra calling credit if I put in a certain amount on next top-up....

times have changed....

a few times when I was in my teens/early 20's I got my phone pinched or lost it with £100 odd calling credit....these days with everything getting so expensive and work being scarce compared to even 3 years ago, I just keep a few pounds in it...
I also used to buy a new mobile handset at least 3 times a year when I was younger, now I keep them for a year or more or until I lose them, I then get onto the network and get my phone number back on a new handset, they just port it over...

I use my mobile to text, and for the odd call here and there, otherwise I use the landline, if I am phoning friends in the states/Australia etc I use either a Post Office phonecard or a Tesco international Phonecard....they are both quite good with the rates/charges...

Anybody know of any other Mobile networks in the UK that I haven't mentioned ..????

post the names of the networks on here...

Edit:

forgot to add the newest one 4GEE High speed mobile network...

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the young ones now getting hit with all the marketing hype and advertising and feeling the need to change their mobile handset 3 and 4 times a year to keep up with the other young ones.....

some of the mobiles on sale just now are £400 and £600 on pay as you go/prepaid mobiles and the ones that are sold sim free for any network cost even more......I think I remember something about mobile networks being banned from subsidising pre pay phones a few years ago now......am sure that just suited them fine....

Last edited:
Why you need 3 months old SIM ? if you wants new Free SIM Card then now a days many providers provides free sim cards. you can try it there.:singer:

Reply to Anyone have old orange SIM card? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net