Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
hilti 36v drills are great, longlife and great torque too. Also use milwaukee red 18v range good tools but 2 out 3 batteries for me didnt last 3 yrs...

Personally I swear by Metabo. Can buy for great prices. The gear wears very well, is extremely powerful and with the new 4A/h batteries, you can't go wrong. With a 3 year warrantly on the chuck, trigger and battery. What other brand will give you that. Trusty German technology. Not worth thinking about another brand!

Like Pat Tester, I'm in love with Panasonic
cordless, their Li-ion batteries seem quite small for their A-H rating.
Have a conventional drill-driver, the circular saw for chopping up floorboards and the newish SDS drill.
All are the 14.4 versions with plenty of stamina for a semi-retired sparky like me most of the time.
Also like my Makita 240V SDS for heavier jobs including cutting chases and their tiny 10.8V driver and impact combo.
When the going gets really tough, I call on a 240V Hilti and a 110V Kango.

recently bought an aeg 18volt li-ion drill 'it is utter rubbish it keeps stopping for no reason, sent it back and ordered hitachi,will let you know the verdict

Milwaukee are really good, have had cordless 28v sds, percussion drill & circular saw for nearly 6 years and they're alive, well & I still have two original batteries.
Really like the 12v range and have a few if them, the hackzall is amazing.

Have some good Metabo stuff, the rest of the kit I have is makita.

Best in my opinion are Milwaukee & Metabo, really tuff & reliable. Makita I like as they are really good for the money, Dewalt & bosch seem good but would go makita instead.

Hilti seem great when have used them but never owned one myself.

Love the Milwaukee and they really have paid for themselves, never need a mains tool saves so much time

Milwaukee are really good, have had cordless 28v sds, percussion drill & circular saw for nearly 6 years and they're alive, well & I still have two original batteries.
Really like the 12v range and have a few if them, the hackzall is amazing.

Have some good Metabo stuff, the rest of the kit I have is makita.

Best in my opinion are Milwaukee & Metabo, really tuff & reliable. Makita I like as they are really good for the money, Dewalt & bosch seem good but would go makita instead.

Hilti seem great when have used them but never owned one myself.

Love the Milwaukee and they really have paid for themselves, never need a mains tool saves so much time

dont get the 1.5ah batteries they die too quick in a lot of cases

tend to use bosses 28v milwauke but its on its last legs and a 36v bosh sds for things like drilling concrete

he has had this one for 5 years and its had nearly daily usage

Ive recently been converted , so after dumping dewalt years ago i am now in the process of dumping makita for the milwaulkee red FUEL . and on a plus side in this weather they sell a heated jacket,, and they are currently selling the batteries for £50 each (2 for £100) i will be glad to see the back of the useless makita batteries

Ive recently been converted , so after dumping dewalt years ago i am now in the process of dumping makita for the milwaulkee red FUEL . and on a plus side in this weather they sell a heated jacket,, and they are currently selling the batteries for £50 each (2 for £100) i will be glad to see the back of the useless makita batteries

Part of my job is demonstrating power tool accessories and I have a Fuel. It's the best drill I have ever used. The power it transmits is unbelievable. The Red Lithium batteries make the run time high as well. I also have a 28v SDS which is fantastic for heavy duty applications and chiselling but would be a bit on the heavy side for every day (5.5 x 160 SDS drilling) and an 18v impact driver. There is a new 18v Fuel impact driver coming out soon.
Before anyone asks, I don't work for Milwaukee, and we don't sell power tools. However, I need a good power tool for everyday demonstrating otherwise it would make our stuff look pants!:smiley2:

In my limited experience, Hilti are the bulletproof tools, but far too expensive and pointless for someone like me who doesn't do too much really heavy duty work.

I've got tools from most of the big brands and can't complain about any of them.

I've even got a Bosch green combi which has lasted for yonks and is still in good nick...

my SDS drill is a Hilti, and I can't fault it.
brought up in another thread today weirdly.
got tools from most other makes, and Bosch is my favourite really. like the look, feel, durability, price ain't bad of you're sensible where you buy.

Most of my tools are Bosch. 36v vfli model I can't do without. My Bosch jigsaw has never broken down & is the best I've had. 18v makita combo kit is great too and as for my hilti wall chaser is a great bit of kit although I probably take it out of the van more for others to borrow than for my use. Love my 10.8v Bosch inspection camera as these ceiling tackers end up moving the cables around for the downlights well away from the original position regardless of the cables being clipped on to the joists.

my start up kit was all makita..thats 13 years ago and everything still works apart from the 12v drill driver...

i then upgraded to dewalt especially cordless..im running 18v and have a multitude of tools that all use the one battery

i had the dewalt 24v 3way sds but that lacked punch, thought of changing back to a bosch but thought id wait until it died...it didnt die but got nicked so the bosch was purchased...couldnt be with out it, its awesome

the new makita cordless stuff is pants, batteries die under less stressful load, and forever on charge

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net