Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
just got a new makita 18v 3a combi and it is brilliant, but i must say i recently worked with somebody that has a Philips 3a combi & sds and they are by far the best drills i have ever used

I can say i will never go down the Dewalt route again. Once you start buying kits and adding to them , it makes it harder and more expensive to change brands !

I love the 18v Makitas . The batteries are fantastic . the drills and other pieces are far more precise than Dewalt.

Panasonic are amazing but they dont do a good range .

none of the above
i prefer panasonic light , powerfull
and an all round performer
defo better than dewalt
i use to have dewalt all the time
i think its gone poo now

The best brand without a doubt is hilti, but not all their range and they are very pricey, a guy i used to work for had, 36v hammer drill & 14.4v impact drill, 14.4v combi drill. quality in every way, i owned a te-2a 24v hammer drill, absolute tripe, batterys didnt hold a charge, dont deserve to have hilti prited on them.

when it comes to 24v hammer drills, the bosch gbh drills walk all over the makita and de walt's and hilti's
18v and smaller, makita all the way!!

Do many of you use the Bosch "GBH" range 24v?
Im scouring ebay and other sites neary every day looking for a good used one and I think im settled on the VFR model (5 lights on the batteries) Im asking if it is popular as I noticed the impact joules is 1.3j- alot lower than many other 24v drills, Does the low Impact force really make much of a difference, the other drill I was looking at was a hitachi one with 2.8 joules although 2.0 Nicad batteries

Had my 110v bosch sds for what must easily be 10 years now and it has never missed a beat, be it chisel/breaking out concrete to drilling 200+ thru bolts (12-20mm) in a day and onto core cutting 6"
Dewalt - 18v battery drill, cant fault it at all - again its never let me down, the only downer is I got a us one so its 110v charge.
Hilti 110v te-2m (or i think thats the one) - amazing drill, no faults or issues whatsoever.

I think the trend is I dotn seem to have any trouble with the kit I have, I think in the main thats because I look after them :)

Had ryobi in the past, and only because there was about 6 of them given to our company for free - and they were dog ****. Although these are the ryobi from 7-8 years ago maybe so perhaps they are better today, I wouldnt be taking any chances and handing over my cash though!

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net