Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
bosch all the way, i have the 36v bosch sds best drill i have ever used, also drill driver i have is panasonic that too is awesome! dont like dewalt like all the other guys i work with even their top stuff feels cheap compared to bosch

Last edited by a moderator:
allright lads

i did use dewalt but after my 18v xrp combi packing in after 8 months and £250 i now swear by the milwaukee gear got 1 28v sds gun which is brilliant 18v impact and combi drill kit and the 12v baby screwdriver which for its size is pretty darn good

kit sometimes is a bit pricey but if you shop around you may get some good deals like i did, and it will last forever.

Just been to a trade day and bought a Makita 18v Li Ion set. Bosch were there claiming they are better than Makita on batteries and functions of tools bosch's SDS does not chisel though and they said 18v is not enough for that function. I thought if up a ladder and need the chisel for light work it would be handy. Makita have been making the batteries longer than Bosch and that is the crux of any cordless.

What do you think. I was on a see saw between the two but I went in for Makita as thats what I've used so thats what I purchased. Hope ive gone the right way I know both are good kit regardless.

Slight bit of remorse here as I would have got a Impact driver for an extra 30 if I went with Bosch.

Was a Makita man myself but when tools have gone bust have replaced with Bosch. Can't tell the difference between 2.6ah Bosch and 3.0 Ah makita batteries, regards performance.

New Bosch tools are now coming with 3.0AH batts so wonder if these are the next generation Lithium Ion?

I personally have been using Bosh, Dewalt, Makita, Hitachi, Hilti, AEG/Rigid and Ryobi. Eventually, anyone of it will give up like anything else. It is always the rotor that burns out. (I am not mentioning the brushes as they can be easily replaced)
Makita and Dewalt are reasonably priced and widely available.
The one that I find easy to repair/replace and even modify is Dewalt. It is currently manufactured in the Czech Republic – a country with well established traditions of decent machinery/tool manufacture.

Just bought a Bosch Multitool (Fein clone) and at £79 worth every penny. Takes the Fein bits too ;) Also purchased a nice Milwakee wall chaser and it performs amazingly well...money well spent (and saved!!)

I balance the purchase against cost and life expectancy (compared to hiring), so cheap Id expect to replace sooner, however some of the expensive kit can fail too......

Hi, I'm about to embark on my first proper cordless drill/impact driver kit purchase for home DIY. It'll be for things like putting up shelves/pictures/lights, fitting new doors/hinges/locks etc. I'll be drilling into concrete, brick and wood although mainly it will just be the latter two. I have a budget of £200-250 although I'd like to spend as less as possible. :p

The two kits I've seen are from Bosch and Milwaukee. I chose these brands because of the 3 year warranty but I'd also consider Makita if within budget.

Bosch 18v Kit
Milwaukee 18v Kit

Does anyone have any experience of the kit mentioned or could recommend me something else within budget?

I'm sort of new to this so please excuse my ignorance if I ask a silly question. :eek:

Hi, I'm about to embark on my first proper cordless drill/impact driver kit purchase for home DIY. It'll be for things like putting up shelves/pictures/lights, fitting new doors/hinges/locks etc. I'll be drilling into concrete, brick and wood although mainly it will just be the latter two. I have a budget of £200-250 although I'd like to spend as less as possible. :p

The two kits I've seen are from Bosch and Milwaukee. I chose these brands because of the 3 year warranty but I'd also consider Makita if within budget.

Bosch 18v Kit
Milwaukee 18v Kit

Does anyone have any experience of the kit mentioned or could recommend me something else within budget?

I'm sort of new to this so please excuse my ignorance if I ask a silly question. :eek:

Well that is professional kit. I'd buy something cheaper for just DIY personally.

durofix 18v impact, loads of torque had a play when i got back from the elex show today :D well impressed. nice and light in the hand and small enough to grip comfortably.

I have two Makita electric chain saws and no matter what stick you give them they keep going, do not overheat. As regard to cordless drills I have 3 Erbauer 18v lithium iron and they are fantastic. I have the same in a reciprocating saw. the batteries go on forever.

What alternative kit would you recommend then?

Just for DIY and at novice level trade.

I would prob wait till CEL release there lithium version of POWER 8 or wander into a shed and take my pick some are at throw away prices after all.

But of course it depends on the amount and level of DIY

Are you a professional electrician rewiring your house or a lawyer fitting a kitchen or an office worker changing a radiator blah bla lol

moved to Dewalt after a few misdemeanant with Makita, Hitachi and Bosh. It has only been 10 months but ever since the beginning there were no problems.
I personally think that the previous Dewalt bad quality was that it had been made in China and Mexico compared to the currently build in Czechoslovakian factories.
I have also build a few adaptorso I can uuuse Makita and Ryobi batteries on my Dewalt bodies. Also have found faulty 18v Bosh and 18v Hitachi slide on bodies and as soon as I acquiree a faulty Dewalt batteries will create another two power sourceadaptorss for Dewalt.

Attachments

• DSC00037.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00038.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 40
moved to Dewalt after a few misdemeanant with Makita, Hitachi and Bosh. It has only been 10 months but ever since the beginning there were no problems.
I personally think that the previous Dewalt bad quality was that it had been made in China and Mexico compared to the currently build in Czechoslovakian factories.
I have also build a few adaptorso I can uuuse Makita and Ryobi batteries on my Dewalt bodies. Also have found faulty 18v Bosh and 18v Hitachi slide on bodies and as soon as I acquiree a faulty Dewalt batteries will create another two power sourceadaptorss for Dewalt.

Them cordless adapters would be ideal for confined spaces!!

Them cordless adapters would be ideal for confined spaces!!

To be honest even with the smallest drill sometime it difficult to access certain places. I personally use quite a few flexible and non flexible adaptors to do the job quickly and properly.
The adaptors would have been smaller if I had a 1.3ah faulty Dewalt battery. Still an extra 2 inches is nothing compare to the bigger flexibility realm.

Next Generation Power Engineering 3/8" Angle Drill Attachment with Keyless Chuck - - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

To be honest even with the smallest drill sometime it difficult to access certain places. I personally use quite a few flexible and non flexible adaptors to do the job quickly and properly.
The adaptors would have been smaller if I had a 1.3ah faulty Dewalt battery. Still an extra 2 inches is nothing compare to the bigger flexibility realm.

Next Generation Power Engineering 3/8" Angle Drill Attachment with Keyless Chuck - - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

I'm only having u on mate.

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net