Search the forum,

Discuss Biscuits. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Archy he doesn't like being called an Idiot!!

I quite like a richtea biscuit, the one with chocolate on top. I also like pink wafers, oh and pink and white wafers with marsh mallow in. To be fair, I'll probably eat any biscuit you put in front of me.

Setting fire to squirrels ? Is that a northern sport ? It's legal to shoot grey squirrels already isn't it ? But down this way we make them into jackets you know what I meen

FIG ROLLS!!!!

Chocolate Hob Nobs, I like to lick the chocolate off the top. It grosses out the missus.

Traditional Hob Nobs for dunking in tea.

But I'll say it again: FIG ROLLS!!! :)

Don't t know about ukip being thAt high up in the polls !I doubt if many Indians or people of colour will vote for them and with the white people who won't vote for them too I don't rate there chances
From what I've seen, when it comes to immigration people of Asian and African descent consider themselves British - the 'immigrants' are those from Romania, Bulgaria, and depending on who you ask, Poland. Immigration seems to be a concern for anyone living in an area which has experienced high immigration, and the way to stop this seems to be to get out of Europe, which is an option UKIP are offering.
I don't live in Sheffield but I do own a television, which has suggested many Indians or people of colour are just as likely to vote for them as someone who considers them self 'white British'.

Considering the slaughter which is going to start tonight here and in Somerset, TB if Badgers do carry it will be illiminated soon I suspect. Then fox hunting can begin again and maybe setting fire to squirells after.
Then after that we'll all be killing mice using little wooden traps with spring-loaded bars.

I don't like fig rolls either, and don't like dark chocolate. only exception to the rule is after eights for some reason.

Without the foxes to 'keep them under control' I expect we'll have to start culling chickens as well, until it's deemed 'barbaric'.
Hardly any Chickens are killed by foxes, only those lazy tight fisted farmers who won't protect them properly lose Birds. :grin:

Go to Holyroyd and ask the Scottish Government who is responsible for their latest "gimmic" on Health in Glasgow!

Ok you tree hugging lefties - none of you want to ask the question so I'll have to tell you, its been subcontracted to .... wait for it..... no not the NHS..... a private company.

Yes that's right, the Scottish Goverment, headed by Salmond, has engaged the private sector, for the Scottish NHS.

what a hypocrite .... mind you he is a Politician so what else should we expect!!

I was thinking more of families who keep chickens for their own consumption.
I used to keep chickens myself, I had 12 at the bottom of the garden, if they are locked up properly at night there is no issue, if a fox takes a chicken it wouldn't make me want to chase it with 50 horses and 100 dogs then rip it to bits whilst alive so I could hold up the tail cheering, if a farmer shoots a fox when it is near his chickens I would have no issue with that myself, hunting with dogs a completely different issue.

I used to keep chickens myself, I had 12 at the bottom of the garden, if they are locked up properly at night there is no issue, if a fox takes a chicken it wouldn't make me want to chase it with 50 horses and 100 dogs then rip it to bits whilst alive so I could hold up the tail cheering, if a farmer shoots a fox when it is near his chickens I would have no issue with that myself, hunting with dogs a completely different issue.
How do you define 'near'? To a farmer, Mr Fox, Mr Badger and Mrs Rabbit are all considered pests just as a mouse is to a non-farmer. If I saw a mouse running around on my property I wouldn't hesitate in getting the mouse traps out to break the little blighter's neck, whether or not he was anywhere near my dinner.

Yes if a Fox does get into a pen it does kill all the chickens rather than just taking the one
Yes very true and protecting your chickens is the right thing to do, make sure they are locked up and they have a nice comfy coop to protect them, if a fox does get in then so be it, next time you will make sure they are better protected, I had chickens for years with no issues.

Right see you tommorrow Dingle, I am off out to stand on a badger set all night with the anti cull members to stop marksmen shooting them, Must make a flask of tea first.

Right see you tommorrow Dingle, I am off out to stand on a badger set all night with the anti cull members to stop marksmen shooting them, Must make a flask of tea first.

If it's like up here tonight, crystal clear sky, you're going to frigging freeze!
Take a stove, tea bags, milk and sugar.

I'm surprised none of you have mentioned ginger snaps yet, they're great for dunking. Anyone remember Viscounts? Biscuity, chocolatey, minty goodness.
Oh just for the record, I'm against badger culling, hunting foxes with dogs, UKIP are racist and words cannot express how much I hate the current government and their despicable policies which punish people for being poor while passing laws which keep them in poverty.
Bring it on on Friday. :)

Mind they dont tear ya leg off MDJ!
They have razor sharp teeth and know how to use em!

Badgers dont bother me but i do understand the need for controlling them same as bunnies.
Foxes are another problem entirely and do cause us grief.
Not so much your average fox as they know their place and live off the bunnies etc.
However the mangey town foxes that get dumped by doo gooders from the towns and cities into the country they are a flaming nuisance!

Problems are that they dont really know how to survive out in their natural habitat.
This then leads them to be brazen and stupid.
We had one wonder up into the farm yard chasing the cat and on another occasion the chickens in broad daylight.
The dogs saw him off but sadly they are faster than i am at getting the gun out and loaded!

I dont really like fox hunting with dogs, but i will say that it did the job and kept them where they belong ie in their holes and out of sight.
As for the town foxes they would be massacred and no tears would be shed by me.

People should of left em rummaging bins and not interfered with stuff they know nothing of.

Rant over :)

Have I missed something?
Since when was the "Ban" on fox hunting ever effective!
That was an appeasement to gain votes and nothing more,
I know a few people who are active in foxhunting, sorry "draghunting" and if you ask them if any foxes get killed guess what the answer is!
I'm not a supporter of it but as a pest control method it does work better than poisoning or wounding from gunshot rather than a clean kill although I don't personally think its humane

As for the badger cull I don't know much about this but I do know a cattle farmer who is a genuine animal lover

he runs a rescue centre for all kinds of wild animals at great cost to himself and studied the spread of bovine tb as part of his degree

he has acted as a consultant to defra on this and he says the cull isn't necessary but it will save farmers a lot of money as they don't have to pay for vaccines which work and have little adverse effect on meat/milk etc for the cattle and this is the real problem

Late to this thread I know.
And maybe a different take.
My sweet wife is a southern belle - very both.
Gone With the Wind territory.

Biscuits have a different meaning there.
We can stop off at Mama Banana's on I400 and have biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
Not exactly like ginger snaps and bisto.

This thread is totally trashed anyhow so here's another twist, I have just had a mocha frappie from McDonalds, it was gorgeous, I don't normally like cold coffee haha.

Reply to Biscuits. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net