Discuss C3s putting you in harms way ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which says what about how to code non-conformances?
So how many companies or people would you give 20 quid to for their generic opinions on coding a generic issue and what legal standing would any of them have

Given that BS7671 is the reference book we all work to and is the recognised standard I think any non conformances would be judged against that not some book of generic opinions of which even the contributors seem to have differing opinions when you speak to them

It seems that these days the lack of qualifications, skill and experience has to be supported by these assistive generic documents what happened to being suitably qualified, skilled and experienced for the task in hand and being able to make the informed decision when needed

So how many companies or people would you give 20 quid to for their generic opinions on coding a generic issue and what legal standing would any of them have

Given that BS7671 is the reference book we all work to and is the recognised standard I think any non conformances would be judged against that not some book of generic opinions of which even the contributors seem to have differing opinions when you speak to them

Which says what about how to code non-conformances?
Not identify whether something is a non-conformance or not, what do the Wiring Regulations say about what code to give any non-conformance?

Reply to C3s putting you in harms way ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been asked to do EICR on thatched property for insurance purposes, however they will want all C3 codes rectified. Haven't seen it yet but...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to look at this report as the customer has been given (in their words) 'A very high quote plus VAT'. It doesn't look well...
Replies
Views
Hi I always thought installations were safe at the time of instalment etc, the Distribution Boards at my works were installed over ten years back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had an EICR carried out and it has comeback with a few C2s. The only one I disagree with is the electrician raised as a C2 the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock