Discuss cable routing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

hi.im after a bit of advice.im doing some work in an old terraced house which has an enclosed entry between two houses.my problem is that i have to run a new cooker cable to the other side of the house the cu is in the living room and the owner has recently had the room re-plastered and decorated as well as laminate flooring and will not allow me to run the cable in the conventional way.after a lot of head scratching i came up with the plan of running the cable via the front porch and down the entry .the cable would be outside for approx 8 inches and the remainder run down the entry approx 8feet high.is this acceptable as i carnt find anything in regs,thanks

i would suggest running the cable in pvc conduit all the way its outside the building and through the walls, for mechanical protection.

good alternative. just a pain glanding into box and switching to T/E

Reply to cable routing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’d appreciate views on the fuse board. https://ibb.co/xj0BtZt It’s been completely rewired and I’m unhappy with the quality. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock