Discuss can i get a rcbo/rcd breaker for this old wylex board ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

srl-8

fuse board.jpg

Hi guys, not seen to many of these boards and wondered if it is possible to get a 6a rcbo for it?? I trying to saving the customer money, and not change the board for a ful rcd. It is for a bathroom alteration...

thanks

fit a stand alone RCD/RCBO next to the CU.

edit: don't forget to check/upgrade earthing and bonding.

Last edited:
No...

You could just take a feed from the circuit fuse, into an RCD spur, then take the circuit from the spur.

I would guess that of the installation is that old, earthing may also need looking at.

Good luck.

Edit - Tel beat me to it :D

yep, can you that, would have to fit a henley block though to feed the new unit...... again, just looking at cheapest option....

thanks,

I hate those boards, who allowed the design of plug in breakers that the cover does not fit afterwards, they look terrible and should be replaced PDQ. I did a couple after getting a deal at B&Q, they had new wylex 17th boards on offer at £70 inc full set of breakers, i would try and convince the client to spend just a little more and get full house benefit of RCD. There are always deals around would price both up -

I hate those boards, who allowed the design of plug in breakers that the cover does not fit afterwards, they look terrible and should be replaced PDQ. I did a couple after getting a deal at B&Q, they had new wylex 17th boards on offer at £70 inc full set of breakers, i would try and convince the client to spend just a little more and get full house benefit of RCD. There are always deals around would price both up -

Nothing wrong with these boards as such!! Replacement covers have been available from the very outset of the availability of the plug-in MCB's and are still available today.... I'm not saying they meet present day requirements, and probably need changing out now in a domestic setting, but these SAME CU's have been around probably for longer than you have, and still available today!! lol!! How many of these modern CU's will ever be able to match that sort of record?? Couldn't of been that much wrong with them... :wink_smile:

Why would you need a henley block?

Well, i presumed you would need to feed the new sub board from something, I.e. main tails into hanley block (which is not there currently) then from the block to the old board and new sub board. Then I can take the 6a circuit from the old and re-wire into the new...?? make sence..?

feed the RCD from the CU, there.s a spare way .

Reply to can i get a rcbo/rcd breaker for this old wylex board ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net