Discuss Completion certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A customer I've been doing work for since I went self employed is in the process of selling their restaurant and they're needing retrospective planning permission for some dividing walls they had built to split up the restaurant/bar. They need an electrical certificate for extra emergency lights and extra sockets installed. What cert would I need to issue? The work was done before I was on the scene.

Can test as much or as little. There will be a section on front that you fill in titled something along the lines of: extent of installation covered by this certificate

you have a chioce. either a condition report on the whole installation, or just for the works specified in your OP. but be sure to note it on the cert. the extent of the works covered by your report.

but the fool was once the highest paid in the king;s court!.

Sweet. I maybe worded the question wrong, I knew it would be a condition report but wasn't sure on the extent of how much I needed to test!

As the report is for a retrospective planning application, then surely the extent of the report needs to be agreed with the customer and the building control officer ?

nowt wrong with a fart. toally natural, no added flavours. best appreciated when you pull the bed covers over 'er indoors' head.

A customer I've been doing work for since I went self employed is in the process of selling their restaurant and they're needing retrospective planning permission for some dividing walls they had built to split up the restaurant/bar. They need an electrical certificate for extra emergency lights and extra sockets installed. What cert would I need to issue? The work was done before I was on the scene.
Slightly confused here, firstly you are saying "Extra lights and sockets" then work was done before on scene, which is it? if the work has been done then I would tell your customer to get a certificate from the electrician who did the initial works, if that isn't possible then as Kate rightly pointed out you carry out a EICR.

Now if you are talking about "Extra works" as in new, then you will need to either supply a MW if you have used existing circuitry, or a EIC if you install new circuitry, HTHs.

Reply to Completion certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net