Discuss consumer unit 8 meters from meter in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for answers

main fuse is 60A

But 5 times smaller.
Did I mentioned existing gas meter and pipe across in the same cupboard?
Luckily it's getting moved outside

DNO quoted 960+vat. if I get the trench and cabinet ready for them

Still do not know if the cable can be buried in wall run along ceiling joists to new location?
Ceiling is wooden joists construction, accessible floorboards from bedroom above.
Ground level floor is concrete

So total outlay for just the electrical side of things, is going to be well over a 1500 quid (plus whatever the gas board charges are) in order to make a cupboard smaller!! And end up with a CU in another cupboard at a level that you'll need steps to access....

Gotta be as mad as a March Hare!!

So total outlay for just the electrical side of things, is going to be well over a 1500 quid (plus whatever the gas board charges are) in order to make a cupboard smaller!! And end up with a CU in another cupboard at a level that you'll need steps to access....
Gotta be as mad as a March Hare!!
Not to make a cupboard smaller for the sake of it.
The room will be a bedroom with a stud wall separating it from a corridor.
A small cupboard, part of built-in TV cabinet. Kind of, but way, way smaller.
http://www.baileycarpentry.com/wp-c...-solid-cherry-tops-in-Exeter-Rhode-Island.jpg
and a bed next to the window.

A small cupboard in bedroom with only a switch and eventually smart meter inside.
Hardly ever needs access.

CU fitted in the corridor with easy access, my drawing are not to scale :)

Moving gas meter outside cost only 345+ vat. and moving gas out of the bedroom is a nice idea IMHO.
I'd love to move the electric meter but it just cost too much.
Plus there is a limited room outside for two cabinets.

It was planned to be rewired anyway so a new CU and wiring has been budgeted.
It makes sense to move it, rewiring should be easier from there as well. (new suspended ceiling)
Unless advised by electricians after site survey I do not see the point to keep CU it in bedroom cupboard

if tails are buried in wall, then 522.6.101 applies

Thanks
I guess you are referring to some conduit? I'll ask for it to be included it in a quote.
It answers my (wife's)questions. I can be hidden.

Can't comment Murdoch message as I believe swearing is not allowed here.
How about you abide to forum rules?

Reply to consumer unit 8 meters from meter in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net