Discuss Core drill purchase in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Now 'Apache' is a different kettle of fish.

Oh YES!!

It was that little number that set me on the road to be in a band!

My mate who was 4 years older than me lived at the end of the street and his Father had a car which was a rare thing back then and this car had a radio.

We used to sneak out in the middle of the night and get into the car, switch the radio on & tune it to Radio Luxembourg Which was the only radio station that played "pop". Anyway, this particular night we heard Apache" which had just been released for the first time and it sounded fantastic.

When it finished I said "What was that??"
My mate said "I think it's an electric guitar."
I said "What does the electric do?"
"He said "I dunno, but it sounds good!"

That was the night we decided to have electric guitars and play Rock n Roll when we were "bigger". 10 years later, we did.

The rest - as they say - is history and still whenever I hear Apache I feel the same thrill I felt the first time I heard it.

I have most of the Shadows recordings but it's THAT one that does it for me.

I'm a sad old bugger really! :(

Oh YES!!

My mate who was 4 years older than me lived at the end of the street and his Father had a car which was a rare thing back then and this car had a radio.

We used to sneak out in the middle of the night and get into the car, switch the radio on & tune it to Radio Luxembourg Which was the only radio station that played "pop". Anyway, this particular night we heard Apache" for the first time
which had just been released and it sounded fantastic.

That was the night we decided to have electric guitars and play Rock n Roll when we were "bigger". 10 years later, we did.

The rest - as they say - is history and still whenever I hear Apache I feel the same thrill I felt the first time I heard it.

If they were they playing in my front garden i'd shut the curtains....

Just kidding Geordie!

Oh YES!!

We used to sneak out in the middle of the night and get into the car, switch the radio on & tune it to Radio Luxembourg Which was the only radio station that played "pop". Anyway, this particular night we heard Apache" for the first time
which had just been released and it sounded fantastic.

Same here to be honest.

My sister was/is a great Cliff fan , me Mam used to take us to the City Hall to see him and the Shadows.
I was just a boy ,but the Shadows just got my blood going even then. It just seems like yesterday , funny how music brings it all back .

My mate , also a great guitarist used to perform cavatina , it was haunting too. He wrote to Hank to ask him to record it , he claims that's why he did lol.

Same here to be honest.

My sister was/is a great Cliff fan , me Mam used to take us to the City Hall to see him and the Shadows.
I was just a boy ,but the Shadows just got my blood going even then. It just seems like yesterday , funny how music brings it all back .

My mate , also a great guitarist used to perform cavatina , it was haunting too. He wrote to Hank to ask him to record it , he claims that's why he did lol.

Cavatina is nice. It's one of the lesser known - of which there are many. Most of them are good.

Two that I like are "Alice in Sunderland" and "Stars Fell On Stockton". Both written when the Shads were performing around here.

Happy birthday again Geordie.......... Just for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdafDj6Gki8

THAT'S the Marvin Sound allright ! :)

I liked Cliff when he was a Rock n Roller but went right off him when he went all commercial and "fluffy".

I think in his day he was one of two great Rock n Rollers that Britain produced - the other was Vince Taylor who most folk thought was an American.

Reply to Core drill purchase in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net