Discuss Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Straight yes or no, do you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Of course you are right, it never has been an deterrent, just an eye for an eye, but we all know right from wrong, if anybody is prepared to take an life they should forfeit theirs.
Why?
Why should the state kill people who kill people to demonstrate that killing people is wrong?

There was 865 people executed in britian during the 20th century. I believe three of those were posthumoustly pardon.
Is that 3 too many yes of course it is.
The vast majority, as many as 90% , of those hung were for non premeditated murders usually with a single victim these today would not be considered even for the possiblity of a life term maybe even manslaughter at worst but the other 10% had murdered more than once or child murderers or sex killers who deserved to die.

To all the pro death proponents, would you be quite happy to pull the proverbial trigger with a clear conscious, and sleep at night?
I bet most of you would run a mile!

To all the pro death proponents, would you be quite happy to pull the proverbial trigger with a clear conscious, and sleep at night?

Dont think that is a fair question to ask really.
From my experience people dont know if they are capable of taking a life until they are put in a position to.
And then if they do how they cope with warm blood running down there arm determines if they can stomach it or not!

This if from hunting experience btw not murder LOL

If you gave me you weight height age and physical build I think I've read enough books on hanging to rig the gallows to give you correct drop to deliver the required force to break you spinal cord giving you a quick and painless death which is more than the victims of these animals that commit these crimes.
So to answer your question. Yes.
When do I start.
Bring me those two who slaughtered lee rigby they will do for a start.
Need a part time job now I can't work.

@marvo.
Is it too late to have a poll included on this?

If we are talking about one or more of these islamic extremists and the case had been proven beyond any doubt, i'd be more than happy to take the pistol and pull the trigger. I certainly wouldn't be running a mile!!

If we are talking about one or more of these islamic extremists and the case had been proven beyond any doubt, i'd be more than happy to take the pistol and pull the trigger. I certainly wouldn't be running a mile!!
If it was me who saw 2 people walking away from my property in opposite directions and beat one of them to death because he looked like he was carrying some of my stuff? The real burglar being the other one?

@marvo.
Is it too late to have a poll included on this?

But it's not a straight Yes or NO question is it, Most here like myself are generally opposed to the Death Penalty for the majority of murders committed in the UK...

Let's hope they don't. For Countries that still use the death penalty, this is the chance they take, and the main reason that the penalty has been abolished in many Countries.

As far as the the UK is concerned, were the death penalty to be reintroduced (which is highly unlikely) for the most serious of offenders it is to be hoped that with modern techniques guilt would be able to be proven beyond ANY doubt.

When tony Blair signed us up to the full human rights treaty he effectively abolished hanging in the UK he also signed away the reintroduction of the death penalty since 1998 it is no longer debated in parliament

Top 10 countries who kill their citizens: AKA Death Penalty
1. China
2. North Korea
3. Iran
4. Iraq
5. Saudia Arabia
6. USA
7. Somalia
8. Sudan
9. Yemen
10. Japan

USA and Japan do stand out as not exactly "stuck in the middle ages" - but makes you think about what regimes make up capital punishment as a form of "deterrent" - Do we really want to join that motley crew. ?

The US has armed police so in some cases the people who get shot don't make it to court to be proven guilty or innocent

The law in the UK has always been a --- anyway, far too many rules in place to protect the accused than anything like there are to protect the victims....

The human rights act is the biggest load of tosh the victim ends up seriously injured or dead and the prisoner complains his / her human rights are being eroded or taken away without any consideration for the innocent victim affected by their actions

He was the bloke who was convicted of Suzanne Dando's killing and later completely cleared

I'm sure Suzanne Dando would be surprised to find out she is dead

I never denied the guilt.
Only the reasoning behind said murder.

Huntley deliberatly went out to do the evil he did.

Burglars who get whacked round the head with a bat while breaking into a law abiding familys home deserves what he gets.
We know the risks of getting killed by our profession, So to should a burgler.

Break into my house and you best hope you get out before the dogs eat you!
Or I beat crap out of you.

Again ime very unsympathetic to these kind of individuals.
did you hear about the guys that broke into a farmers house?

the farmer chased them with his shotgun lol. he didnt kill them and police arrested them when the burglers turned themselfs in

Only one i remember in recent times was the farmer who shot and killed said burglar.
He was arrested and charged but released after public outcry.
Think you will find that Tony Martin served his full sentence of 3 years with no parole. Maybe you got confused as he was originally charged with murder but it was reduced to manslaughter. He lives in hiding now as he has a price on his head from friends and family of the man he killed. (travellers)

Not sure if it was Tony Martin, Maybe was I cant really remember tbh but I remember there being a public outcry about someone getting sent down for defending his home.

Maybe you are thinking of padraig nally from mayo , he shot and killed a traveller called frog ward in the early 2000s in the exact same circumstances. The man couldnt get a fair trial because the jury were too sympathetic. the judge forced the manslaughter conviction on the jury but this was successfully appealed a year later.

Poll created by request of OP. Poll has no close date so will run indefinitely. Overall poll results are viewable by all but individual votes are private.

Poll created by request of OP. Poll has no close date so will run indefinitely. Overall poll results are viewable by all but individual votes are private.

A YES/NO POLL is totally pointless, as it will favour the NO vote without giving any consideration to the special circumstances that i and others have made clear on this thread...

On the other hand it could favour the hangers and floggers. Of which there are many.

Nowhere near the number of ----- footers... lol!!

It is no longer a Yes/No call in the world we are living in at the moment and probably for the foreseeable future!!!

It has been debated, the death penalty is a binary state, you either have one or you don't, regardless of "special circumstances" e.g. Jihad John,

Then things are going to NEED to change, either that or purpose built prisons are going to be needed. Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse before they start getting better!! Why any country would rather invest ongoing millions on keeping such scum secure and healthy, than having a relatively simple but rigidly governed solution is totally beyond me...

Here's a question, both Cameron and Obama have promised that Mohammed Emwasi will be brought to justice, how are they going to achieve this? His crimes have been committed in a foreign country which has it's own (broken) legal system, if I commit a crime in Norway, for example, I can expect to be tried by the Norwegian legal system

Here's a question, both Cameron and Obama have promised that Mohammed Emwasi will be brought to justice, how are they going to achieve this? His crimes have been committed in a foreign country which has it's own (broken) legal system, if I commit a crime in Norway, for example, I can expect to be tried by the Norwegian legal system

It's called extra territorial legislation which is used to convict british subjects of crimes committed abroad

Probably the same way they brought Bin Laden to justice Trev, would that be a problem for you?

A big no no for me.

If anything, it's an easy way out for those who would be hanged, or shot, or whatever.

I say keep them inside until they've reformed, if at all.

I say keep them inside until they've reformed, if at all.

Islamic extremists DON'T reform, of that you can be 100% sure!! But they can certainly spread their poison around within the prison system, that you and others seem to be happy about shelling out millions over the life term of a single prisoner.

Easy is the name of the game, who cares a ---- whether they suffer or not with whatever execution method is used, the point is the perpetrators are no longer around. ... End Of!!

Islamic extremists DON'T reform, of that you can be 100% sure!! But they can certainly spread their poison around within the prison system, that you and others seem to be happy about shelling out millions over the life term of a single prisoner.

Easy is the name of the game, who cares a ---- whether they suffer or not with whatever execution method is used, the point is the perpetrators are no longer around. ... End Of!!
One point worth noting, these idiots WANT to die for their religion. They want their 72 virgins (why anyone would want to have sex with a virgin is beyond me because they'll be like a sack of spuds because they don't know what to do but that's another matter)
Executing them gives them what they want so would it not be better to put them to work so they had to earn their keep, this would delay their entry into the mythical afterlife with Allah.
I also think it would be ironic if the virgins were Susan Boyle and Anne Widecombe but we all know the afterlife is a myth

But they are around, they are in paradise with 72 virgins, I for one, never having had 72 virgins am not going to give them the benefit of the doubt, they can long for 72 virgins like the rest of us...

One point worth noting, these idiots WANT to die for their religion. They want their 72 virgins (why anyone would want to have sex with a virgin is beyond me because they'll be like a sack of spuds because they don't know what to do but that's another matter)
Executing them gives them what they want so would it not be better to put them to work so they had to earn their keep, this would delay their entry into the mythical afterlife with Allah.
I also think it would be ironic if the virgins were Susan Boyle and Anne Widecombe but we all know the afterlife is a myth

As i've stated many times here, who gives a flying ---- what myths these deranged murdering scum believe in, there isn't any place in a sane society for these people (if you can even call them that) to exist, and that includes prison where it has been proven time and time again, that they can and do, spread their poison only for that poison to later be released into an unsuspecting society!!

Where these scum have been found guilty with overwhelming evidence that there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever, the best solution all round is a bullet in the back of the head, it's quick, and it's bloody cheap, but more importantly you don't have to worry another single moment about what you do with these cretin's....

I am suprised the yes vote got so many, I would expect a 80-20 in favour of keeping the death penalty from being re-introduced, perhaps the opinion in the UK is changing.

Trev. I could list you dozens and dozens of death penalty cases in the USA that have been overturned after the convicted person was proven innocent due to corupt evidence and officials hiding evidence .
In the 40's & 50's in Texas there was two sheriffs famous for their arrest and conviction rate, over 50 of murderers and rapists a vast majority by confession of the crime.
After these men had been sentanced to death they usually retracted their confession saying they were torchered by the two sheriffs who said they would kill the accused family or kill the accused and said they tried to escape, if they didn't sign. This was obviously ignored by the state and pardons board in Texas and in nearly 100% of the death sentances were carried out.
After a conviction they obtained was looked at more closely in the 70s, after both sheriffs had died witness came forward to say they had seen how the sheriffs had got their confessions but were to affraid to come forward why they both were alive.
So it seems maybe 50 innocent men could have been executed by Texas just because of two corrupt officials. A terrible thing if true.
The USA is a difficult country to look at when discussing the death penalty as you have 30 odd states who still execute who all have different laws and sentances.
If you look at UK there has been only 3 cases of persons executed who have been overturned all of which would not have been convicted today.
Look at James Hanratty hung in the early 60s. His family and many others thought him innocent and fought for DNA evidence to prove him innocent. Some 45 yrs after he was hung his body was exhumed and samples taken. Far from proving him innocent the evidence proved he committed the crime.

Hanratty was hanged according to law and (depending on the way you look at it) it was the right sentence. There may be only 3 cases where the executed individual has since been proven innocent, or not guilty because there's a potential world of difference between the two, but there are many cases where an individual would have been sentenced to death had it still been on the statute books. Considering that the sentence was carried out after three Sundays had passed since sentencing then that would make a lot more innocent people going to the gallows.
I think it's also worth mentioning that the powers that be are extremely reluctant to re-examine cases which are closed and that have resulted in the execution of an innocent person so there could be a lot more than 3 people who have been wrongly hanged

Many of the death sentances which were carried out in the UK should not have been carried out due to the circumstances that they were committed. Id say 85% would not even be considered for a murder charge today.
How about the case of Keith Allen Duff sentanced to death for murder in Texas in 1968 was commuted to life when the death penalty was suspended un USA in 1972. He was paroled and released in 1990 murdered again in 1992 executed in 1998. How does the girls parents who he killed after being released feel ?

They should find out where he is then send a drone or two in.

The problem is that these drone strikes routinely kill innocent people including hundreds of children so far, the killing of children just causes more people to join the fight against the US and the west. I would argue that using these drones is a form of terrorism. But I expect that those who believe in the use of these drones think that because these children are in Pakistan and Afganistan they are considered not important enough to matter, unlike your own children.

But I expect that those who believe in the use of these drones think that because these children are in Pakistan and Afganistan they are considered not important enough to matter, unlike your own children.

The life of any child in the world is precious and they must all be protected
There is traigcally many children suffering and dying in this world because the adult population are obsessed with maintaining power where it exists,maintaining wealth where they have it,believing in ancient fairy tales about so called prophets from medieval and illiterate times,they then use terror both national and individual to impose their wills

In our lives,we are but a moment in time,in the millions of years of the earth we are a nonentity,
each one of us will be lost and forgotten within 2 generations

Why individuals, who engage in terror and individuals who engage in politics don't just try and live their moment in time in peaceful and productive persuits is mind bogglingly stupid and evil

We all have responsibility to the children,the future,each and every one of them and we should do all in our moment of time to make their brief existences happy and wonderful instead of pursuing selfish personal gain whether through the fantasy of religion or the pursuit of wealth over others

The problem is that these drone strikes routinely kill innocent people including hundreds of children so far, the killing of children just causes more people to join the fight against the US and the west. I would argue that using these drones is a form of terrorism. But I expect that those who believe in the use of these drones think that because these children are in Pakistan and Afganistan they are considered not important enough to matter, unlike your own children.

And these Muslim terrorists rely on these to recruit, same as Hamas routinely attack Israel, so that more of the Palestinian civilians are killed in retaliation (so called collateral damage), and they have more recruits. It's all done deliberately.

As for the death sentence, I'm for it, but not straight death, and only for nonces (including ALL who are in possession of videos or pictures) and terrorists.

Build a huge underground arena, have a slope for them to slide down, with a 20 foot drop at the bottom (broken ankles or legs), and just leave them there. Make sure they have access to fresh water (to keep them alive as long as possible) but not food. They would then suffer amongst all their dead mates, and die in misery and squalor. Some people don't deserve to be treated as human beings.

Reply to Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock