Discuss Does this look like a good install, is it legal , in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stevefree

DIY
Reaction score
Hi
Just want to ask is this legal for an electric car charging point? Is it safe? Its just that this is my driveway the neighbours wall, they have to walk up my driveway to access the point
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-05 at 16.25.02_3376ee34.jpg

Hi
Just want to ask is this legal for an electric car charging point? Is it safe? Its just that this is my driveway the neighbours wall, they have to walk up my driveway to access the point
View attachment 113075

Did they not ask your permission first? That's a bit rude.

Someone trespassing on your land isn't actually a crime but you can prosecute them which isn't ideal seeing as they are your neighbour. The socket is attached to their property so it may be worthwhile asking Citizens Advice.

I don’t think that’s going to last very long charging a car.

1. It’s going to get very warm
2. It’s going to take forever to charge anything bigger than a golf buggy.

So do they park in front? On the left of picture? Why couldn’t they have put the socket there?

I don’t think that’s going to last very long charging a car.

1. It’s going to get very warm
2. It’s going to take forever to charge anything bigger than a golf buggy.

So do they park in front? On the left of picture? Why couldn’t they have put the socket there?
Dont know, the girls dad did it, thats what Im worried about, my van is there.
Yes they said it would cost so much more putting it at the front! so the cable goes over the pavement to the car,
Nightmare

Are you sure the property line is right up to the wall? Looks like a fairly new house, so developments normally give 1m around the house to property line for maintenance.

Reply to Does this look like a good install, is it legal , in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net