Discuss door entry system?? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the part you have to change is like for like it should be no problem at all. In a lot of these systems though if its a different type of handset its unlikely to work but it depends. And We are doing a lot of work at the new Pickaquoy Leisure Centre i.e the new pool and fitness studios, The new Kirkwall Grammar School and the Council Offices

the trades button seems stupid ,all an intruder needs to do is intrude when the timeclock allows free entry

I have always thought this when these handsets are used in flat situations. However their use is generally aimed at offices and other commercial buildings. In flat situations i generally disable said button

If the part you have to change is like for like it should be no problem at all. In a lot of these systems though if its a different type of handset its unlikely to work but it depends. And We are doing a lot of work at the new Pickaquoy Leisure Centre i.e the new pool and fitness studios, The new Kirkwall Grammar School and the Council Offices

Oh really, so will i need to get a handset to match the system that is installed yea? so for example, how does the lock get its negative from the point of view when the handsets are used to open the door? oh really i know all those places, hmmm who is the company your working for if you dont me asking?? I think i might know

the trades button seems stupid ,all an intruder needs to do is intrude when the timeclock allows free entry

On the more modern systems it just allows entry by a PIN number. ie postie presses trades button when time clock is on then has to enter PIN number and door opens. Postie presss trades button when time clock is off and ther will be no option to enter PIN.

I have always thought this when these handsets are used in flat situations. However their use is generally aimed at offices and other commercial buildings. In flat situations i generally disable said button

Or is that " Z" connection providing some form of negative connection for the lock to operate from the flats phone?

On the more modern systems it just allows entry by a PIN number. ie postie presses trades button when time clock is on then has to enter PIN number and door opens. Postie presss trades button when time clock is off and ther will be no option to enter PIN.
crikey sintra the postie must have a good memory with pin numbers

Reply to door entry system?? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net