Discuss EcoBuild - Best bits... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Not managed to get to Eco build so was wondering if those that have would like to share the best and maybe the worst bits... Any game changers? Any hope or optimism? :)

Smaller and less busy than previously. Solar presence far smaller than previously. Some large PV wholeslaers not there. Lots of micro-inverters and immersion controllers. Good to see regular faces and which companies are in it for the long hall.

SMA sent me an email saying which stands their products were at ! I don't think they went last year. just a sign of the times, hopefully it will encourage the rogues and double glaze windows type to move on !

Doubt it - been to 3 jobs in the last couple of days and they'd been in number to each one! Too many panels, north roof, magic panels you name it they've tried to sell it!

It was much smaller and less busy. lots of students aroun. PV sector was tiny compared with last couple of years.

it was more building improvement oriented than renewable.

SMA was not there this year.

SolarMax presented their new MW Compact Station which was quite impressive. It's literally a plug and play solution.

Was not able to go myself, though I was looking forward to it. But I was able to read the speech of Edward Davey (secretary of state for energy and climate change) and was a bit disappointed. It was full of talk about the green deal yet none on the use of renewables especially solar.

Solar is yesterday's technology it's about insulation. If we insulate our houses we won't need power. So the government is pushing the green deal instead of any long term energy plan....I wonder when the government will realise high energy prices = less competitive economy !

Reply to EcoBuild - Best bits... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net