Discuss EICR codes spreadsheet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been thinking of putting together a spreadsheet or list of the most common faults found doing EICR's. I was going to start with the ESC best practice guide, now I know a lot of this may be objective to the individual but has anyone started anything like this ? Maybe it's something we could put together between us all and try and bring a bit of consistency to it.ThanksSteve

Hi everyone, been thinking of putting together a spreadsheet or list of the most common faults found doing EICR's. I was going to start with the ESC best practice guide, now I know a lot of this may be objective to the individual but has anyone started anything like this ? Maybe it's something we could put together between us all and try and bring a bit of consistency to it.ThanksSteve

That'll help the fast track boy's no-end. It would probably be just as helpful as a spead sheet telling/listing for them what NOT to code!! ...lol!!

I went to a job on wednesday after a EICR was done by someone else.

This is what he had put as the codes.

1) New 17th edition board needed C2

2) 45 A fuse on 6 mm cable overheating C1

3) 6A fuse with 4 cables in should be split to 2 fuse C2

4) Main earth should be 16mm C3

AND THE BEST ONE

Cant get insulation readings on sockets or lights( FI)

The reason he had put for the PIR was SAFETY INSPECTION.

I found this in the bathroom.

DSCN0490.jpg DSCN0492.jpg

Now this was a fire risk !!

Last edited:
Before anyone asks I did make the place safe by installing a new fitting.

The 6mm cable feeding the shower was actually 7/036 and the shower was 10.5 kw so that was isolated.

The IR tests on the ring finals were fine once all the loads were disconnected !

i think the shower situation is borderline if cable is not derated due to insulation. a clamp meter would probably tell you that the actual current drawn is within the ccc of 7/036.

Was asked to look at an EICR a couple of weeks back marked as unsatisfactory which was done by a sole trader for a friend of a friend.

The only observation was no RCD on circuits C1 along with a price to rectify of ÂŁ4900

Had a quick visual of the job which is on the 3rd floor and is a small office installed in 2002. PIR carried out in 2007 and no issues. Then this cowboy seems to think that RCD's / RCBO's are now necessary. This is just another uneducated thieving scumbag that want's to make an easy few quid.

Rant over

Reply to EICR codes spreadsheet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net