Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah we get people to sign something similar. There is this fear IR tests are going to destroy anything plugged into them, never caused damage in 25 odd years, or not that I know of:), no different to doing a PAT test (yeah I know don't say it). As a matter of interest is your poor colleague also working 10 hours+.
Hahahah yea he is Travel there in same car

10 hours is almost part time, how times have changed, I used to work for a firm where you were lucky if you only did 60 hours a week. I once clocked up 84 hours mon- friday on a Tyre shredder in Birmingham it was on shut down and needed a Tooth change, anyway we got it done and driving back home friday night sure as anything the Boss rang, There's a break down on another tyre shredder in Howden any chance you can " Pop Over " it's on the way home/ well I lived in sheffield same as my workmate we were coming back from birmingham and howden is on the way to Bridlington so my answer was no we can't we're knackered to which he replied " You're in the wrong job if you don't want overtime.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would agree with allowing 3 hours, including lunch travel snags and writting report i stick with the comment i wouldnt take on more than 3 a day. U said ur not allowed to move fridges what if u cant unplug fridge do you lim L-L on rings.? Disconect any ballast or transformers for L-L on lights.? Does each flat have a dno supply

Why would you, EICR should be with no or limited dismantling

Kate, what software did/do you use on the iPad?
I actually quite enjoy doing periodics/EICRs, so long as I get a reasonable balance with other work. If you take the process of inspection seriously, it really helps you get to understand/interpret the Regs ( which of course you should already have a good understanding of to do this type of work!)

Kate, what software did/do you use on the iPad?
I actually quite enjoy doing periodics/EICRs, so long as I get a reasonable balance with other work. If you take the process of inspection seriously, it really helps you get to understand/interpret the Regs ( which of course you should already have a good understanding of to do this type of work!)
I think it was called ecert, I didn't install it the company who's license I used did. Could check my iPad if you want?
I'm the same, need a good balance with other work. I've always quite liked fault finding, it's like solving a puzzle! A couple have left me angry, but a 5 minute time out to process before going back helps you realise what you missed.
I remember spending two evenings chasing a phantom fault on a lighting circuit, ended up breaking the whole circuit down piece by piece to trace it. Would get close and the conditions would disappear. Turned out when the front door was replaced they had slightly snagged the cable...everytime door would open/close the fault would "disappear" during the process found a couple of other minor issues that had to be addressed.

I think it was called ecert, I didn't install it the company who's license I used did. Could check my iPad if you want?

No, 'twas just idle interest that it might be Icertify or something similar. I use the NIC online certs but they are not great and certainly no use "on the job". Cheers.

All this talk of software made me think so I have decided to move into the modern world. Bloke said it was like new, have I been ripped off? 20160920_103907.jpg

Depends what you paid for it! What a plus for use on-site, does it come with batteries?
Was cheaper than an ipad and he said I could get one of those fancy book covers on Amazon. Would be worried using it on site in case someone took a shine to it.

Reply to Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net